Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 2.21.8 Driver Takes Care Of COW Regressions

Phoronix: Intel 2.21.8 Driver Takes Care Of COW Regressions

Just one week after the Intel X.Org driver was updated with support for all known Haswell variants and introducing some new copy-on-write support for cloning pixmaps, a new release has been warranted...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kudos to Intel for their continuous support of the Open Source community. I wish AMD, nVidia and all the mobile vendors behaved the same.

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
      Kudos to Intel for their continuous support of the Open Source community. I wish AMD, nVidia and all the mobile vendors behaved the same.
      They sure do, try changing your CPU's ratio and base clock.

Comment

Those changes and many of the changes in previous releases affect only SNA, which is not the default acceleration method. So this is a non-release for most people I think.

Comment

Intel SNA is default enabled in ubuntu 13.04

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          Those changes and many of the changes in previous releases affect only SNA, which is not the default acceleration method. So this is a non-release for most people I think.
          Just checked, but Intel SNA is default enabled in my ubuntu 13.04 installation. Don't know about other distro's.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
            Just checked, but Intel SNA is default enabled in my ubuntu 13.04 installation. Don't know about other distro's.
            Ah? Well, I built the xf86-video-intel package under Arch Linux and the ./configure wrote something like ?Checking which acceleration method to use by default? uxa.?
            This is without passing it any option as far as I could see.

Also:
            Code:
            $ grep -Ei "sna|uxa" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
            [     6.709] (II) UXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:

Comment

The SNA XVideo tearing bug (#65048) introduced in 2.21.8 is already fixed in git.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Ah? Well, I built the xf86-video-intel package under Arch Linux and the ./configure wrote something like ?Checking which acceleration method to use by default? uxa.?
                This is without passing it any option as far as I could see.

Also:
                Code:
                $ grep -Ei "sna|uxa" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
                [     6.709] (II) UXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:

Ubuntu enabled it by default but upstream still has UXA as the default. Arch follows upstream.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

delete please
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                  X