• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
    What about GMA 945?
    i915g drives 915 and 945 chipsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      as a not so proud owner of a bunch of 'ironlake' and gen4 'pisslake(?)' hardware I have this to say

the drivers are so shitty that they are gonna start using ones made by the community

and google
      The i915 gallium driver will not work with your Ironlake. For that you need i965g which is not developed by Google.

BY A FUCKING SEARCH ENGINE FUCKING GMAIL OPERATING COMPANY
      Google primarily produced i915g for Chromebooks with ChromeOS.

how about fuck you too intel, I will buy a fucking arm laptop just out of spite
      Good luck with that. ARM driver situation is typically much worse. If you get open source drivers at all, they are usually for old hardware, 2D only, no video acceleration, or all of that combined.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
        The i915 gallium driver will not work with your Ironlake. For that you need i965g which is not developed by Google.

Google primarily produced i915g for Chromebooks with ChromeOS.

Good luck with that. ARM driver situation is typically much worse. If you get open source drivers at all, they are usually for old hardware, 2D only, no video acceleration, or all of that combined.
        i965g won't work on it either, that is Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge only. Your only choice for Ironlake is the official intel i965 driver.

Gen2 (8xx) - i915.
        Gen3 (915/945) - i915, i915g.
        Gen4-5 - i965, with GL2 support.
        Gen6-7 - i965 (with GL3), i965g.

Comment

this is sad... intel needs to sort this shit out

Comment

Working...
          X