Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRIME Sharing Comes To GLAMOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PRIME Sharing Comes To GLAMOR

    Phoronix: PRIME Sharing Comes To GLAMOR

    Michel Dänzer of AMD has provided a patch so that PRIME multi-GPU sharing will work with the GLAMOR 2D acceleration architecture, as needed for the Radeon HD 7000 series support and optionally for other generations of AMD and Intel GPUs...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzMzQ

  • #2
    If i may offer a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to compare EXA vs GLAMOR performance with r600g/r300g hardware, now that both options are available to r300+ users.

    Comment


    • #3
      What is the state of Prime? What driver combos can be used? How about power management and dynamic switching? Are we anywhere near TBP (The bumblebee Project) achievements yet with true support via Prime?

      Comment


      • #4
        HD 7970M with intel 4000 works, even with sna.

        I have found this:
        http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/027522.html
        It seems to automatically power the card off with vgaswitcheroo when nothing is rendered on it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          HD 7970M with intel 4000 works, even with sna.

          I have found this:
          http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/027522.html
          It seems to automatically power the card off with vgaswitcheroo when nothing is rendered on it.
          Is that with the OSS drivers only, or with the prop. driver and OSS intel driver?

          Comment


          • #6
            All open source. The proprietary amd driver has its own support for it too, not using prime, but it is in my experience buggy and doesn't allow completely powering off the radeon card.
            Last edited by ChrisXY; 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              Is that with the OSS drivers only, or with the prop. driver and OSS intel driver?
              only for OSS drivers
              intel + nouveau
              intel + r600g/r300g/radeonSI

              Now thechnically Nvidia and Fglrx could use it but due to licence it seems their will not for a while

              Comment


              • #8
                It already should be: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTMwMjI

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                  If i may offer a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to compare EXA vs GLAMOR performance with r600g/r300g hardware, now that both options are available to r300+ users.
                  I think this has been done on ickle's site.
                  IIRC, it is something of awash, IIRC.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X