Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Has 20~30 Full-Time Linux Graphics Developers

It was revealed today at the Free Open-Source Developers' European Meeting (FOSDEM) that Intel through their Open-Source Technology Center is currently over two dozen full-time graphics driver developers. They're also looking to hiring more developers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI5MTI
    Thank you Intel and God bless your efforts and your next CEO to carry the torch of innovation and generosity.

Comment

It's also about resources

It's worth noting that Intel has about ten times the number of employees AMD has, which makes AMD the first in terms of percentage of employees working on open source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysto View Post
        So how come Intel still won't have the latest version of OpenGL 4.3, when Nvidia and ATI do for many of their cards already - especially when they already have the latest version of DirectX11.1?

I'm sorry but I can't take Intel seriously in graphics until they support OpenGL properly.
        I'm sorry to hear that. In the meanwhile I just continue to enjoy Intel Free Software solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Krysto
          So how come Intel still won't have the latest version of OpenGL 4.3, when Nvidia and ATI do for many of their cards already - especially when they already have the latest version of DirectX11.1?

I'm sorry but I can't take Intel seriously in graphics until they support OpenGL properly.
          How many games require a version of OpenGL higher than 3.0? I can play Tesseract on nouveau, radeon or intel drivers just fine (it runs with no rendering glitches, though it is slow).

Comment

Clearly not qualified to produce much work, relative to the talent at AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              How many games require a version of OpenGL higher than 3.0? I can play Tesseract on nouveau, radeon or intel drivers just fine (it runs with no rendering glitches, though it is slow).
              In three years you'll be hardpressed to find any product < OpenGL ES 3.x for embedded and OpenGL 4.x for consoles/desktops.

Comment

Dammit Intel, can you please make some hardware capable of driving the 2560x1600 resolution of my 30" Dell LCD already!?! I have the pre-display-port model, and none of your chipsets thus far will drive that resolution over DVI

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  In three years you'll be hardpressed to find any product < OpenGL ES 3.x for embedded and OpenGL 4.x for consoles/desktops.
                  Just like DX11 was released in 2009, and still in 2013 the majority of games targets dx9?

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                    No it isn't. mesa is far from complete, the binary drivers have more complete stacks than is mesa.
                    Show me the SOURCE CODE of your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                      Clearly not qualified to produce much work, relative to the talent at AMD.
                      Hey, there's a whole Internet out there you can troll! No need to do it on Phoronix.

Originally posted by hubick View Post
                      Dammit Intel, can you please make some hardware capable of driving the 2560x1600 resolution of my 30" Dell LCD already!?! I have the pre-display-port model, and none of your chipsets thus far will drive that resolution over DVI
                      Yeah, lack of dual-link DVI is a bit unfortunate for older gen, but basically once DP was released there's no point for them to waste die space (which is pretty important on a CPU package) on dual-link DVI, since if people need to deliver hi-res output to old screens they can do it using an active DP->DVI adapter...

Comment

Working...
                      X