Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Valve said they had handed Intel the Source Engine source code, so this performance gain must be about the native Linux version of CS:S.
    Oh, Phoronix Forums. I wonder why I visit you.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Kayden View Post
      The i5 2500k (Ivybridge) hardware can handle at least OpenGL 4.0, as far as I'm aware. It's purely software that limits it to 3.0.
      The i5 2500k is Sandy Bridge, not Ivy Bridge. The hardware is not capable of OpenGL 4 as far as I'm aware.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
        The hardware is not capable of OpenGL 4 as far as I'm aware.
        You know, he's the guy that did the Ivy Bridge bring-up...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
          You know, he's the guy that did the Ivy Bridge bring-up...
          I don't follow what you're suggesting here. You cropped out the part of my comment which states the i5 2500k is not Ivy Bridge. Ivy Bridge does support OpenGL 4.0, Sandy Bridge does not.

          Comment


          • #20
            Sigh. Learn to read, people. That's why Kayden replied, and I quote:

            Originally posted by Kayden View Post
            Oops, right, thanks. I was thinking HD 2500, not the i5 2500 (sigh, product names).

            Yeah, the i5 2500K is Sandybridge which can do GL 3.3. Ivybridge can do GL 4.
            It's confusing, even to Intel developers.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
              I don't follow what you're suggesting here. You cropped out the part of my comment which states the i5 2500k is not Ivy Bridge. Ivy Bridge does support OpenGL 4.0, Sandy Bridge does not.
              Ah, sorry. I'm not sure what Sandy Bridge supports.s

              Comment

              Working...
              X