Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel SNA vs. UXA On Ivy Bridge (July 2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel SNA vs. UXA On Ivy Bridge (July 2012)

Phoronix: Intel SNA vs. UXA On Ivy Bridge (July 2012)

Here are some recent benchmarks comparing Intel's SNA and UXA 2D acceleration architectures offered by their open-source Intel Linux graphics driver.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=17656

I'm still with UXA because glx-dock (cairo-dock) gets corrupted very quickly with SNA.

Comment

Intel are doing awesome work, very impressive.

Comment

And usability?

Some people on different forums reported weird flickering and artefacts with Intel HD 2000/3000 GPUs rendering this new feature useless. Can someone confirm it?

Comment

I'm using SNA on my OpenSuse 12.1 under an Ivy Bridge CPU, I don't have any graphical artefact. I noticed that it seems smoother in general.

I'd like to precise that the line to add in xorg.conf is exactly (in the driver section):

Code:
          Option "AccelMethod" "SNA"

Comment

Originally posted by roland View Post
            I'm still with UXA because glx-dock (cairo-dock) gets corrupted very quickly with SNA.
            Do you have a link to this bugreport?

Comment

Originally posted by ssvb View Post
              Do you have a link to this bugreport?
              No, I was hoping it would go away with 2.20.1 but no luck.

Comment

I'm happy

Intel is doing an AMAZING job. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
                  Some people on different forums reported weird flickering and artefacts with Intel HD 2000/3000 GPUs rendering this new feature useless. Can someone confirm it?
                  Confirmed. I have an i5-2467M (Sandy Bridge). Using SNA I started getting corruptions as soon as X is started. It usually happens with overlay dialogs with drop shadows. Switching back to UXA, corruptions are all gone.

Comment

How do I figure out how what acceleration method is currently being used? Is there some kind of command I can issue? I just want to be able to make sure I have my xorg options set correctly

Comment

Working...
                    X