Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Sandy Bridge VA-API Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Well I started downloading the raw pngs for ED. I'll see what I can come up with for some samples encoded at various levels. I'll also see about creating a VC1 version as well as possible a WebM version.

    Comment


    • #12
      on the sintel blog they have some 4K stuff

      dont know if this helps with what you are trying to do

      Comment


      • #13
        Test not fair for Nvidia imo,
        Sandy Bridge is the latest greatest from Intel while GeForce 9500 is a (much) older Nvidia product.

        I'd vouch at least for Sandy vs GeForce 460+ to call it a fair comparison, not to mention taking a "more real-world" x264 video as other folks implied.

        Comment


        • #14
          Flash?

          If I remember correctly, Flash video is still not accelerated with Intel graphics. How good is Flash video playback on a low end Sandy Bridge?

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Where is any other high quality sample content that's widely available on HTTP/FTP mirrors and under a free license? I haven't seen such links.
            Try a trailer for a high profile film like Avatar:

            youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTtBXpw8db4

            It is considered fair use.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
              Try a trailer for a high profile film like Avatar:

              youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTtBXpw8db4

              It is considered fair use.
              You tube stuff isn't even moderately close to being demanding. Their HD is really crappy and poorly encoded. It's optimized for web streaming. Also movie trailers are NOT fairuse.
              Last edited by deanjo; 03-07-2011, 08:45 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                You tube stuff isn't even moderately close to being demanding. Their HD is really crappy and poorly encoded. It's optimized for web streaming.
                Did you watch the trailer? The HD quality is not bad and the bit rate is something like 6Mbps. What do you consider to be a good bitrate?

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                  Did you watch the trailer? The HD quality is not bad and the bit rate is something like 6Mbps. What do you consider to be a good bitrate?
                  Yes, I even have the 1080p file.

                  General
                  Complete name : Avatar- Extended Collector's Edition Trailer- On Blu-ray_DVD November 16.mp4
                  Format : MPEG-4
                  Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
                  Codec ID : mp42
                  File size : 55.5 MiB
                  Duration : 1mn 22s
                  Overall bit rate : 5 655 Kbps
                  Encoded date : UTC 2010-10-04 22:58:43
                  Tagged date : UTC 2010-10-04 22:58:43

                  Video
                  ID : 1
                  Format : AVC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                  Format profile : High@L4.0
                  Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                  Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
                  Codec ID : avc1
                  Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                  Duration : 1mn 22s
                  Bit rate mode : Variable
                  Bit rate : 5 522 Kbps
                  Maximum bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
                  Width : 1 920 pixels
                  Height : 1 080 pixels
                  Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                  Frame rate mode : Variable
                  Frame rate : 29.970 fps
                  Minimum frame rate : 29.412 fps
                  Maximum frame rate : 200.000 fps
                  Color space : YUV
                  Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                  Bit depth : 8 bits
                  Scan type : Progressive
                  Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.089
                  Stream size : 54.2 MiB (98%)
                  Tagged date : UTC 2010-10-04 22:58:46

                  Audio
                  ID : 2
                  Format : AAC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
                  Format version : Version 4
                  Format profile : LC
                  Format settings, SBR : No
                  Codec ID : 40
                  Duration : 1mn 22s
                  Bit rate mode : Variable
                  Bit rate : 127 Kbps
                  Maximum bit rate : 170 Kbps
                  Channel(s) : 2 channels
                  Channel positions : Front: L R
                  Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
                  Stream size : 1.25 MiB (2%)
                  Title : (C) 2007 Google Inc. v08.13.2007.
                  Encoded date : UTC 2010-10-04 22:58:45
                  Tagged date : UTC 2010-10-04 22:58:46
                  It's not very demanding at all, Blu-ray spec has a max of 48mbps combined audio and video, of which 40 can be video, and 20 audio at any one time. This is also a CABAC encoding where a more demanding encode uses CAVLC.

                  **** Correction, CABAC is the more demanding on decoding.
                  Last edited by deanjo; 03-07-2011, 09:29 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    Test not fair for Nvidia imo,
                    Sandy Bridge is the latest greatest from Intel while GeForce 9500 is a (much) older Nvidia product.

                    I'd vouch at least for Sandy vs GeForce 460+ to call it a fair comparison, not to mention taking a "more real-world" x264 video as other folks implied.
                    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...-2100-tested/8

                    You just lost your ability to vouch for two months

                    Michael, try this http://www.sitasingstheblues.com/watch.html.
                    I've not downloaded the 1080p version but it is CC.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Where is any other high quality sample content that's widely available on HTTP/FTP mirrors and under a free license? I haven't seen such links.
                      what , you dont know where to get and use the generic HD park_joy parkrun etc HD samples as used in many a x264 test everywhere, or con cat them togetehr to make longer sequences

                      http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/
                      http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m..._joy_2160p.y4m etc

                      OC there's also the killasample.mkv Here is a link http://rapidshare.com/files/82525583....x264.mkv.html

                      and BTW when are you finally going to reset the edit time as you sead you would a long time ago now...

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X