Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insane74 View Post
    that's weird...
    i've a mac mini (november 2010) with OSX, Windows 7 64bit and Ubuntu 10.10 64bit...
    and everything works fine...???!!!
    It's the older 2008 (or 2007) era Mac Minis that have known issues with 64-bit Windows.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

if only

I think the best comparison for the 2 OS's is if only Ubuntu Linux can be installed on a Mac computer natively (i.e. dual boot) without the use of virtualization, then we can see the real deal between these 2 OS's.

Or use the same hardware specs as the Mac computer for the PC platform and install Linux on it and we see the difference.

Bottom line is that a Mac computer is where OS X really belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by jybumaat View Post
        I think the best comparison for the 2 OS's is if only Ubuntu Linux can be installed on a Mac computer natively (i.e. dual boot) without the use of virtualization, then we can see the real deal between these 2 OS's.

Or use the same hardware specs as the Mac computer for the PC platform and install Linux on it and we see the difference.

Bottom line is that a Mac computer is where OS X really belongs.
        IIRC you CAN install Ubuntu in Mac, otherwise I don't know why they used to give a PPC image.

Comment

Originally posted by jybumaat View Post
          You have been able to do this for years and this is how this article was done. No "virtualization" were used in these benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
          X