X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Xabix or anyone?
    Thanks if you can spare some time.

Comment

Not to worry, deanj's since helped out a fair bit in my own thread.
      Still trying to determine which GT_430 to get though, so any thoughts appreciated!

Thank-you.

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
        I'm talking purely from a VA (encoding/decoding etc) perspective, not 3d acceleration.
        Or is there no longer any compelling advantage VDPAU cards have in this area?
        The new Sandy Bridge-based Core iX processors support MPEG-2, H.264 & VC-1 decoding. H.264 encoding is still being worked on. Older Clarkdale/Arrandale platforms only support MPEG-2 & H.264 decoding. If you need MPEG-4 ASP (DivX) hardware accelerated video decoding, get the NVIDIA card. Otherwise, the built-in GPU is enough.

Comment

Yeah I only got an old clarkdale set-up, might upgrade to the sandy bridge revision due towards EOY (name escapes me, Ivy?).

Even if I had SB though, that decode/encode acceleration you're referring to, is still pretty flakey in Linux compared to nV's VDPAU right?

Which is why I'm still interested in a discrete GT_430 (and its successors).

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
            Yeah I only got an old clarkdale set-up, might upgrade to the sandy bridge revision due towards EOY (name escapes me, Ivy?).
            Ivry Bridge.

Even if I had SB though, that decode/encode acceleration you're referring to, is still pretty flakey in Linux compared to nV's VDPAU right?
            No, why? Besides, VDPAU does not do anything like encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
              No, why? Besides, VDPAU does not do anything like encoding.
              There isn't encoding support using vdpau/opencl yet in Linux...

I've been advised by several experienced users on this thread previously that...
              There's areas IntelHD is lacking-in compared to nV WRT Video in Linux, & to a lesser extent vica-versa.

I'm getting a discrete in the event that there's a few things I'm not happy with, or I can't do with IntelHD.
              It's only $80, & gaming (although still very mediocre) is light years better than IntelHD.

Any favourite GT_430? Thank-you.

Comment

Finally works

I have known that my g6950 processor does not support Intel® Clear Video HD Technology. So I do not have chanche to get on working the GPU.

Now i have bought an i540 processor. I followed the instruction from here: http://www.drupal4hu.com/node/244 , but it was unnecessary to change the two files in libva source. It works now.

Comment

Working...
                X