Intel Pushes Out Its 2.12 X.Org Driver To RC State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Intel driver is a bad joke, what performance improvements they are talking about when some basic functionality causes X server hangs, when OpenGL performance is ... the word "performance" doesn't apply well to Linux Intel GPPU drivers.

Originally posted by Xake View Post
    Nice, now could you get someone to actually look at Intels bugreports?
    Quote++

I hate the intel driver, next laptop will probably have a radeon.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I threw out my G45 yesterday (well, I actually didn't, as I failed desoldering the actual silicon ), and got a cheap, used Radeon 4350 instead. Could not stand the slow rendering with intel (2.11 still, though) any more, so it just had to go. The difference is _huge_, and I'm not looking back at the moment.

Comment

i915 hang CPU

I'm un unhappy owner of a 945GM intel video card.

Unhappy 'cause all I tried in compiling git master branch for mesa, xf86-vide-intel led to hang my GPU since 2.6.33 kernel.

I'm using gnome-shell from git and every ten minutes my Xorg crash saying this:
        [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung
        I think it's because clutter uses large texture and their are GPU intensive

I googled everything until yesterday, then I found this patch:
        https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/104542/

I rebuild my 2.6.35-rc3 kernel from git appending the patch and... VOILA... all the hangs have gone.

Could you guys (owners of intel hardware) confirm the patch resolve GPU hang?

Now i'm an happy owner of Intel card.

Bye
        Marco

Comment

Working...
        X