Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UVD/UVD2 thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    thats not true!... any dvd found the master key ... so ALL future Released Blueray dvd's are cracket down!

    and in the doom9 forum there are the first opensource code!

    anydvd is no longer needed the copyprotection is down! like DECSS!
    The "master key" changes regularly. This is why updates to BluRay players are frequently needed as new releases come out.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Did you see any UVD2 (libamdxvba1) programming examples? I never saw those, but I use VDPAU since serveral month. Currently my CPUs are so fast that I don't need VDPAU anymore on the systems which would support it (Intel Q9300@3GHz or E8400), but before 1080p was really much better with it. AMD waits so long that they could sell cpus instead of gpus as well. After 1-2 years nobody will need h264 accelleration when the minium speed is about 3 ghz for a 50$ cpu.
      overall amd cpus much cheaper!

      you can get a x3-720be and unlock in into an X4 and yes overclocking.

      but no amd do not wait for seeling CPUs!

      AMD only can't bring the source becourse h264 is a patendet peach of software with a lot of Intellektall Propertary....

      UVD2 simple uses the shader to render the viedeo and UVD is the Copyprotection!

      the Opensource driver can handle theora codex or dirac with the shaders !

      there is no argument for saying this way consums more power...

      becourse uvd used this way!

      Theora YES dirac YES.. but i think the opensource driver will never ever handel mpeg2 or h264 becourse in the USA software patends kills this !

      and H264 has a lot of this software patend shit!

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by RobBrownNZ View Post
        @Qaridarium- here's an English lesson for you: ending EVERY sentence with an exclamation point becomes extremely annoying. It makes you look over-excitable, like a badly behaved dog.
        In German a sentence ends wit an exclamation point to!

        Yes my behaved is bad i know G*

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          The "master key" changes regularly. This is why updates to BluRay players are frequently needed as new releases come out.
          the mechanism to chance the master key is cracked!

          in the end they can't chance the key becourse all key's are hacked!

          the blue ray copy protection is cracket wikipedia : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance...riffe_auf_AACS

          yes i know german
          Last edited by Qaridarium; 04-21-2009, 08:46 PM.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            the mechanism to chance the master key is cracked!

            in the end they can't chance the key becourse all key's are hacked!
            They are reading the memory address, they are not cracking the key. Big difference.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              Theora YES dirac YES.. but i think the opensource driver will never ever handel mpeg2 or h264 becourse in the USA software patends kills this !

              and H264 has a lot of this software patend shit!
              A Dirac GPGPU solution has been out for a while now..... guess what..... it sucks power like no tomorrow. As does CoreAVC's Cuda implementation.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                They are reading the memory address, they are not cracking the key. Big difference.
                in the end...the copy protection is down...

                if you are happy you can make a p2p Cluster of linux users and bruteforce the 256bit aes key...

                i think blueray will lost !

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  A Dirac GPGPU solution has been out for a while now..... guess what..... it sucks power like no tomorrow. As does CoreAVC's Cuda implementation.
                  i don't care abaut nvidia and cuda the zeroday hartware destroy exploid for nvidia drivers and cuda will come after that amd the only one LOL *G*!

                  after that the same hacker will fix the same problem in the opensource amd driver and all suns are happy :-)

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    It does not matter for me if you use amd or intel cpus, but when the cheap cpus are able to decode 1080p then why would you buy a dedicated gfx chip which could do the same? Then you could stay with standard chips as long as they provide at least xv.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      in the end...the copy protection is down...

                      if you are happy you can make a p2p Cluster of linux users and bruteforce the 256bit aes key...

                      i think blueray will lost !
                      BluRay was dead the day it was conceived. The world is moving to a streaming VOD solution. Also that cluster to crack the key would have consist of basically machine in the world to do it in a click then play scenario.

                      I can kill a fly with a 747 too but it doesn't make it anymore realistic for regular use.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                        i don't care abaut nvidia and cuda the zeroday hartware destroy exploid for nvidia drivers and cuda will come after that amd the only one LOL *G*!

                        after that the same hacker will fix the same problem in the opensource amd driver and all suns are happy :-)
                        lol What the hell do you think openCL was heavily based on? Why do you think porting Cuda code to openCL is so easy?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kano View Post
                          It does not matter for me if you use amd or intel cpus, but when the cheap cpus are able to decode 1080p then why would you buy a dedicated gfx chip which could do the same? Then you could stay with standard chips as long as they provide at least xv.
                          yes why not ?????... ???--??..???-..????--???...??

                          AMD will support OpenCL 100%! so all future software will speedet up...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                            lol What the hell do you think openCL was heavily based on? Why do you think porting Cuda code to openCL is so easy?
                            LOL no humore there....

                            OpenCL is the same i know!

                            but OpenCL will comes from via and intel and amd and some other i hope-.

                            cuta only nvidia shit-.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                              LOL no humore there....

                              OpenCL is the same i know!

                              but OpenCL will comes from via and intel and amd and some other i hope-.

                              cuta only nvidia shit-.
                              ROTLMAO, dude do you realize what openCL was developed on? Nvidia and Apple baby. Oh those evil overlords.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                                BluRay was dead the day it was conceived. The world is moving to a streaming VOD solution. Also that cluster to crack the key would have consist of basically machine in the world to do it in a click then play scenario.

                                I can kill a fly with a 747 too but it doesn't make it anymore realistic for regular use.
                                Yes! Blueray is dead ! i know-.

                                and yes a everytime updatet streaming solution is much harter to crack..

                                but!

                                you can Catch the analog part with a Cam and a micro!

                                after that... P2P software will do the rest!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X