Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Publishes ATI Catalyst 8.10 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Some good deeds by AMD. People should be really happy they took over ATI

    Comment


    • #12
      That driver is crappy as all drivers since 8.40.4 which was the last which showed PointSprites, most simple test is to use gl2benchmark, which is even possible with intrepid using:

      deb http://kanotix.com/files/fix/gl2benchmark.sid ./
      deb-src http://kanotix.com/files/fix/gl2benchmark.sid ./

      Try with nvidia to see how it should look like...

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kano View Post
        That driver is crappy as all drivers since 8.40.4 which was the last which showed PointSprites, most simple test is to use gl2benchmark, which is even possible with intrepid using:

        deb http://kanotix.com/files/fix/gl2benchmark.sid ./
        deb-src http://kanotix.com/files/fix/gl2benchmark.sid ./

        Try with nvidia to see how it should look like...
        It works with FlightGear... Can you find any other OpenSceneGraph program where PointSprites don't work?
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #14
          Isn't one test app enough? That's a test tool, that should test some needed functions which definitely work with nvidia. Of course the production apps are not all opensource. Maybe somebody else knows additional examples.

          Comment


          • #15
            Intrepid is basically perfect now. I just wish it could have come with OpenOffice.org 3.0. I don't think that is possible now, but you never know.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Isn't one test app enough? That's a test tool, that should test some needed functions which definitely work with nvidia. Of course the production apps are not all opensource. Maybe somebody else knows additional examples.
              gl2benchmark is a no longer maintained tool though...
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #17
                i guess that's the end of the line in amd's beta catalyst program for canonical. i suspect ati's going to be pretty angry about this.

                unless they changed their beta policy.

                Comment


                • #18
                  The source is there, everybody can add new features. And it just works the way it is.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    i guess that's the end of the line in amd's beta catalyst program for canonical. i suspect ati's going to be pretty angry about this.

                    unless they changed their beta policy.
                    I bet that was a co-ordinate move.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Also I see no reason why the tool should get ATI extra workarounds, it worked before it has to work now!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X