Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.3 Linux Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    If you happen to need one of the formats which VideoOverlay supports and TexturedVideo does not support, then it's much better

    We can add more modes to TexturedVideo support so over time it will probably displace VideoOverlay. For Avivo chips (which don't have the same degree of video processing built into the overlay) VideoOverlay is not an option.
    I happen to have an x200 chipset on an Intel board.

    Textured video works for me with 4 output ports as well.
    But I encounter horizontal tearing which gets pronounced in fullscreen mode.

    Video Overlay works as well but gives only 1 port.
    i dont encounter any tearing in it but when playing HD 720p videos output jumps up and down which is a headache to view. It works fine on lower resolutions.


    A peculiar thing is the jumping goes away on Textured video but the tearing stays. Can the problem on any of the modes go away s I can watch HD videos.


    My xorg.sonf goes like this :-

    Code:
    Section "Device"
            Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"
            Driver      "fglrx"
            Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
            Option      "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "on"
            Option      "Textured2D" "off"
            Option      "TexturedXrender" "off"
            Option      "UseFastTLS" "1"
            Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
            Option      "TexturedVideo" "off"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ejs1920 View Post
      No, it just means that the xine xxmc driver falls back to regular xv if xvmc is not available.

      If you do "mplayer -vc ffmpeg12mc -vo xvmc file.mpg" you'll get no video, since that does not fall back.
      Yep you 're right man...
      Code:
      vo_xvmc: X-Video extension 2.2
      vo_xvmc: No X-Video MotionCompensation Extension on :0.0
      Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

      Comment


      • lost resolutions

        When I installed this version (8.47 on Debian), I lost many resolutions. I was running 1400 X 1050 at 85Hz on an external screen of my thinkpad t42p. After installing, that resolution along with many others was no longer available. I use HorizSync, VertRefresh and DisplaySize in my xorg.conf in order to get all of the resolutions properly. I switched back to 8.45.5 and the resolutions came back. Has anyone else seen this loss of available resolutions?

        Here is the output from lspci:

        VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2] (rev 80)

        Comment


        • isn't it that time of month already?
          when comes the new driver? although 8.3 rocks pretty much for me!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ig-88 View Post
            isn't it that time of month already?
            when comes the new driver? although 8.3 rocks pretty much for me!
            i do not know but i am waiting too... i hope that 8.4 have the color corruption fix about RENDER ( the one that maps RGB -> BGR )... i want to play with my epsxe and use KDE 4 without having to change between the fglrx and xf86-video-ati.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Draco-LVNH View Post
              i do not know but i am waiting too... i hope that 8.4 have the color corruption fix about RENDER ( the one that maps RGB -> BGR )... i want to play with my epsxe and use KDE 4 without having to change between the fglrx and xf86-video-ati.
              i would like the color corruption being fixed, too...

              but i think i'm the only one that still gets the Xorg hang when logging off with GDM!!

              i would like to be fixed, too.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                i would like the color corruption being fixed, too...

                but i think i'm the only one that still gets the Xorg hang when logging off with GDM!!

                i would like to be fixed, too.
                There is an option for GDM to kill the X server when you logout, i was having the same issue but on KDM and with the option it does not hang anymore, you should try adding the following to your gdm.conf:

                AlwaysRestartServer=true

                i saw this from here, i hope that works for you, have a good day.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Draco-LVNH View Post
                  There is an option for GDM to kill the X server when you logout, i was having the same issue but on KDM and with the option it does not hang anymore, you should try adding the following to your gdm.conf:

                  AlwaysRestartServer=true

                  i saw this from here, i hope that works for you, have a good day.
                  It works!! :-D Thank's!!

                  the only thing I can't understand is: why wasn't it enabled!?
                  I was sure I did it before! but maybe it was on the other PC... so, reading your suggestion, made me double-check, and you were right. Thank's again! :-D

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X