Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh guys is it a long time for 8.5 driver to come and 2.6.25 kernel support??

    I really hate being stuck to the miserably collection of 10 gigabytes of licences, law obligation bull**** and copyrights unbelievably awful deathslow Vista crap!!
    That thing really knows how to kill a good machine without an obvious reason...

    Comment


    • 2.6.25 support will come with the 8.5 release.

      Comment


      • Will I ever be able to use the video-in capabilities of my card?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          Will I ever be able to use the video-in capabilities of my card?
          I'm not sure if video in is high on the priority list. I think they are more worried about getting proper video out before that gets tackled.

          Comment


          • Seeing that this redirected direct rendering thing still doesn't work in 8.5... when should we expect to see it? with compiz getting more and more common, and kde 4.1 getting closer and all...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mits View Post
              Seeing that this redirected direct rendering thing still doesn't work in 8.5... when should we expect to see it? with compiz getting more and more common, and kde 4.1 getting closer and all...

              DRI2 has to be made available first.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                DRI2 has to be made available first.
                but on nvidia cards the videos display correctly under compositing managers... and they don't use dri2, right? (I though this is done through redirected direct rendering... or is it a different thing?)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mits View Post
                  but on nvidia cards the videos display correctly under compositing managers... and they don't use dri2, right? (I though this is done through redirected direct rendering... or is it a different thing?)
                  Yeah, it's different. They use some weird 9th level spells .
                  But really, they use their own extensions that bypass X.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Yeah, it's different. They use some weird 9th level spells .
                    But really, they use their own extensions that bypass X.
                    lol
                    thanx for the info
                    but you destroyed whatever hopes I had to have a full blown opengl'd kde 4.1 by the time it was out
                    whatever... keep up the good work ati guys... make us proud

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                      DRI2 has to be made available first.
                      According to this thread http://hoegsberg.blogspot.com/ Fedora 9 includes DRI2 with the intel driver, so it seems it's here now. Have you considered using it in fglrx or radeon? Seems a shame to have this working in intel but not ati.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X