If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Open a terminal window, (konsole/terminal/x terminal etc..), type regedit and press enter. This will start the Wine equivalent of the windows registry editor. If you are familiar with using the registry editor under windows then this is pretty much the same.
1. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\
2. Highlight the wine folder in the left hand pane by left clicking on it. The icon should change to an open folder.
3. Click right on the wine folder and select [NEW] then [KEY].
4. Replace the text "New Key #1" with OpenGL (CaSe Sensitive).
5. Right click in the right hand pane and select [NEW] then [String Value].
6. Replace "New Value #1" with "DisabledExtensions" (CaSe sensitive).
7. Then double click anywhere on the line, a dialog box will open.
8. In the value field type "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object" (without the quotes).
Note: If you are unable to rename the newly created key "New Key #1" to "OpenGL" then expand the left hand pane of the regedit window using the vertical divider bar. You should now be able to change it. A known bug in Wine is causing this unwanted behavior.
You should see a significant performance gain.
But you want to also add the gl arb vertex program,since you have a Amd/Ati card