Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Catalyst 14.1 Beta Linux Graphics Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by fritzls View Post
    Look for a service called "YES". and kill it..
    No idea what is this but it's the one doing this heavy load cpu.
    This is pure gold if true. They're trolling hard with the naming, continuing the osTestBackdoor combo.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by curaga View Post
      This is pure gold if true. They're trolling hard with the naming, continuing the osTestBackdoor combo.
      I'm not trolling. IT's real. After install catalyst ( or the ubuntu pxp hibrid program) I have a service called YES that consume 100% from my 4 cores.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by fritzls View Post
        I'm not trolling. IT's real. After install catalyst ( or the ubuntu pxp hibrid program) I have a service called YES that consume 100% from my 4 cores.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_%28Unix%29

        Comment


        • #94
          So.. Who forget of rip off this from catalyst?
          I'm not the only with this service running...

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by fritzls View Post
            So.. Who forget of rip off this from catalyst?
            I'm not the only with this service running...
            Ask the package maintainers of ubuntu? Maybe a script going crazy and/ or doesn't terminate properly?
            I've no idea, since it doesn't happen to me (using fedora; installed catalyst directly from amd without building any package).

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by flim View Post
              Ask the package maintainers of ubuntu? Maybe a script going crazy and/ or doesn't terminate properly?
              I've no idea, since it doesn't happen to me (using fedora; installed catalyst directly from amd without building any package).
              Canonical does not package Catalyst 14.1 -- it's a bug with the Catalyst driver itself.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                Canonical does not package Catalyst 14.1 -- it's a bug with the Catalyst driver itself.
                maybe inside fglrx-pxpress . It's from canonical.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by fritzls View Post
                  maybe inside fglrx-pxpress . It's from canonical.
                  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1277058
                  Already fixed

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by fritzls View Post
                    maybe inside fglrx-pxpress . It's from canonical.
                    I don't have such a package installed.

                    Comment


                    • Another inconsistency under Ubuntu.

                      Laptop muxless intel+AMD

                      The vainfo and vdpauinfo always return the intel driver never the catalyst one.

                      Comment


                      • another inconsistency that f@#$@#$%#$%$ my mind...

                        Why?
                        Whyy???

                        ] Loading extension GLESX
                        [ 13.224] (II) fglrx(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
                        [ 13.224] (II) fglrx(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: i965
                        [ 13.224] (II) fglrx(0): [DRI2] VDPAU driver: i965
                        [ 13.224] (II) fglrx(0): Allocated new frame buffer 1920x1080 stride 7680, untiled


                        :-(

                        chrome understand the hardware acceleration from amd, firefox no... crash.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by flim View Post
                          not yet under 14.04 repos...

                          Comment


                          • anyone knows how to install this driver in ubuntu 12.04 without breaking the install?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by marco26 View Post
                              anyone knows how to install this driver in ubuntu 12.04 without breaking the install?
                              I have it running very nicely on 12.04 on my hd5770. I hadn't changed my driver for a very long time, I think I was on 13.4, but ubuntu updated to the latest stable release without me realizing it, and desktop performance was just a laggy mess. So I have the beta a whirl, and what do you know, it runs extremely smoothly. I only just installed it so I can't tell you how stable it is, I also haven't tested any games on it yet, but the desktop is as smooth as silk, and video plays nicely.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X