No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 13.9 Final

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 8Gb of ram, haven't run issues so far. But I am not playing Left for dead...dota mostly at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
      1. yes
      2. no
      3. stopped lightdm, rm, restart without change.
      I'll give them a try during the weekend.

Comment

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...2&lang=English

I bet the top one was 3.9 today for some time. And now it's removed.

The bottom was 3.8 beta all the time.

Comment

Not working for me

I was getting major screen corruption in Xfce (Xubuntu 13.04 - nothing funky) with this 13.9 driver. I am using dual monitors and a HD 5xxx card.
          Gone to 13.8 beta2 to see if it is any better.

Getting most corruption out of chromium 28.0.1500.71 and from x screen savers too

Comment

Finally, this is an official driver or not? Because if I search on the amd webpage, this driver doesn't appear..

Comment

Originally posted by deri View Post
              http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...2&lang=English

I bet the top one was 3.9 today for some time. And now it's removed.

The bottom was 3.8 beta all the time.
              HEH http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/167491 they mistook and posted older driver. going back too 13.8 beta as it work better for me. also I don't see memory leaks on Ubuntu 12.04 with radeon 5850.I have feel that it leaks only on newer kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                HEH http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/167491 they mistook and posted older driver. going back too 13.8 beta as it work better for me. also I don't see memory leaks on Ubuntu 12.04 with radeon 5850.I have feel that it leaks only on newer kernels.

Comment

Download page now listing 13.4 as the stable version

Comment

Cudos to Christian: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~deathsi...8cb1432953abfb

:-)

Comment

I totally agree fritsch. Hooray !

You should know it: Does it already work ?

Another thing you should know: There ist still no deinterlacing with AMD OSS VDPAU right ?

Greetings
                      Hibbelharry

Comment

There is BOB deinterlacing via vdpau. It is a "must" if you implement the vdpau spec, so it already exists.
                        I currently run it on my AMD E350. I have to honestly say, I have teardrops in my eyes. Finally happy to now see my ancient E350 doing mpeg-2 / h264 decoding.

Performance wise, all the bluray raw rips work totally fine now.
                        1080i50 is still a bit challenging for LiveTV - I currently get approx 43 fps.

720p50 is fine.

You can easily rebuild ubuntu packages with the patch applied - if you need some for raring, matching this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers/
                        Visit me in the now obsolete channel: #xbmc-xvba

Comment

fritsch what kernel are you using, latest drm-next kernels i get no sound with my e350.
                          stuck using 2013-08-30-saucy for now. :-(

Comment

radeon.audio=1 radeon.dpm=1

All fine here.

Comment

Sound truly like another step in the right direction from amd OSS devs.

Great !

I think they still might do some performance work on their stuff so I don't mind 1080i50 missing frames for now.

So with todays advances we're still missing the following for good mediastuff usage:
                              -Decent HDMI Audio Support with some support for bitstreaming audio
                              -Some HQ Deinterlacing mechanisms, since bob is not real topnotch technology

While this is still a list of relevant bugs, the list has gotten rather short. Go on Devs ! Keep up the good work !

Comment

Code:
                                diff --git a/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp b/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp
                                index 605d83b..0c705f3 100644
                                --- a/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp
                                +++ b/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp
                                @@ -38,7 +38,7 @@
                                 #include "cores/VideoRenderers/RenderFlags.h"

using namespace VDPAU;
                                -#define NUM_RENDER_PICS 9
                                +#define NUM_RENDER_PICS 5

#define ARSIZE(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof((x)[0]))
                                For the early adaptors - we currently find out, why :-) ^^ makes 1080i50 working

Comment

Working...
                                X