Clear All

• Ati Driver 8.42 + Mandriva 2008 = Unsolved problems

I tried to install the new ati driver on Mandriva 2008
    1/ the buildpkg gives:
    Code:
    Generating package: Mandriva/2008
    Package build failed!
    Package build utility output:
    error: file /root/tmp/ati.p14341/SOURCES/ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run missing: No such file or directory
    Then if I remove all the ati drivers etc.. and I try the direct install using ./ati... then the flgrx-install.log gives:
    Code:
    Error:
    kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv/build/include do not match current kernel.
    they are versioned as ""
    instead of "2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv".
    you might need to adjust your symlinks:
    - /usr/include
    - /usr/src/linux
    [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
    It's very annoying and I can't solve this problem, Do some of you experienced the same thing with Mandriva 2008? Is the someone who proceeded well the installation ??
    Help

noone got MAndriva 2008?
    Just to be accurate, I4ve got a radeon 2400HD
    Think I've to wait for the rpms...

Comment

[QUOTE=Yayoooli;16374]
      Code:
      Error:
      kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv/build/include do not match current kernel.
      they are versioned as ""
      instead of "2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv".
      you might need to adjust your symlinks:
      - /usr/include
      - /usr/src/linux
      [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
      Hallo,
      the problem is exactly what installator says - he cant compile kernel module because you have no sources/headers of current kernel installed.
      Solution is simple: install kernel-[installed_kernel_variant]-devel package.
      So for you it will be:
      Code:
      urpmi kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.22.9-1mdv

Comment

After you removed the old ATI drivers make sure you still have dkms
        dkms-minimal and kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.22.9-1mdv installed.
        The kernel-devel files for kernel-desktop-2.6.22.9-1mdv​ 
        This package contains the kernel-devel files that should be enough to build 3rdparty drivers against for use with kernel-desktop-2.6.22.9-1mdv.

The script to generate the rpm's is broken but I was able to install using ATI's installer.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

unfortunately:
          Code:
          [root@localhost olivier]# urpmi kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.22.9-1mdv
          the package kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.22.9-1mdv-1-1mdv2008.0.i586 is already installed
          that's why I'm lost...

Comment

I've seen one of the dkms rpm's removed when uninstalling the Mandriva ATI drivers.

Usually the dkms-2.0.17-13mdv2008.0 
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Hi DarkFoss
              can you be a little more specific especially for the kernel files and how to build a 3rd party driver. It will be great

Comment

I have the same problem here. I have gone a bit further though. I have extracted the 8.42.3 files and tweaked the ati-installer.sh in packages/Mandriva to find the .run file. Problem is after I do that I get a bunch of RPM errors saying duplicate libGL.so and libGL.so.1 and a bunch of other errors... I had the same issue with 8.41 drivers.. eventually just went back to 8.40.

I would really love it if someone would figure out the packaging for Mandriva....

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by twistedself View Post
                  I would really love it if someone would figure out the packaging for Mandriva....

Chris
                  I read somewhere that the packages were in preparation and should be released soon (non_free_backup_ports) but I'm still waiting for them...
                  I hope they gonna be released soon someone got news???

Comment

Originally posted by twistedself View Post
                    I have the same problem here. I have gone a bit further though. I have extracted the 8.42.3 files and tweaked the ati-installer.sh in packages/Mandriva to find the .run file. Problem is after I do that I get a bunch of RPM errors saying duplicate libGL.so and libGL.so.1 and a bunch of other errors... I had the same issue with 8.41 drivers.. eventually just went back to 8.40.

Chris
                    Maybe this could help:

Originally posted by zmaster View Post
                    Also, when I installed it (on Gutsy), it seems the package did not create a necessary symbolic link (ie. in /usr/lib libGL.so.1 was not found, but libGL.so.1.2 was, so I created a symbolic pointing from libGL.so.1 to libGL.so.1.2 and it did the trick).

Comment

There is solution on the forums.mandriva.com too:
                      http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....dbad3f1#388540

Comment

There is solution on forums.mandriva.com too:
                        http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....dbad3f1#388540

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          Maybe this could help:
                          No, the problem is not even getting to the install. It is failing in the RPM creation when it builds the Mandriva package. It actually says there are TOO many libGL.so's. At this point it can't create a RPM package to install.

Thanks for they idea though.

Chris

Comment

+1 here

Double post, sorry.
                            Last edited by Zibi1981; 10-26-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

+1 here

I have the same problem on my Mandriva 2008.0

Code:
                              [zibi1981@localhost ATI]$ sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Mandriva/2008
                              Created directory fglrx-install.Lv8465
                              Verifying archive integrity... All good.
                              Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.42.3
                              ..................................................
                              ==================================================
                               ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
                              ==================================================
                              Generating package: Mandriva/2008
                              Package build failed!
                              Package build utility output:
                              error: file /home/zibi1981/tmp/ati.KR8550/SOURCES/ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run missing: No such file or directory
                              Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.Lv8465
                              Installation using the script didn't work for me either. Anyone found a solution?

Comment

Working...
                              X