AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta

AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta release is imminent, probably within a few hours. Sorry for the heads up, but I might go to sleep in a bit but wanted others to know beforehand:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx

Released: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd...x86.x86_64.zip

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta Driver for Linux:
    This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new features:

Ubuntu 13.04 Production Support
    Xserver 1.14 Support
    GLX_EXT_buffer_age extension support
    Resolved Issues:

[371937] Fix black screen while entering Team Fortress 2 under cinnamon desktop environment
    [366812] Fix tearing for some OpenGL applications with VSYNC on or off
    [373575] Fix taskbar missing after UVD playback on Ubuntu 12.04
    [370955] Fix corruption in Team Fortress 2 when running Dustbowl map
    [377199] Fix the error for APL initialization failure
    [378086] Fix screen corruption when kill X on Ubuntu 13.04
    [374657] Fix some WebGL conformance test failures
    [377379] Fix the regression of performance drop with XBMC for UVD playback

Comment

That's a pretty small changelog for over a month of absence since the last driver release.

Comment

Great, I am going to try it out.

Is there any fix regarding Crossfire?

I am experimenting a hard freeze as soon as I call any catalyst opengl functionality with a dual 7970 setup.

http://blog.olivierlanglois.net/inde...e_x_server_wit

It happens when

ioctl(13, 0xc03064a6

where 13 is a fd on /dev/ati/card0

That pretty much looks like:

[366895]: Fix hard hang when startx with CrossFire enabled for NI Caicos Pro or SI Cape Verde Pro

but with 7970s. Waiting this to be fixed to get 7990s.

I have oprofile data too available. I pretty much know which functions seem to get stuck if it can help you.

Also can you expand what UEFI support new feature does exactly? I have disabled it on my UEFI system with no noticeable difference.

Comment

Display brightness control on laptops is still not fixed
          OpenGL input in general is a bit more responsive, BUT the corner cases where there was extreme input lag before is still there

This is a joke.

On a positive note: OpenGL Shader 4.3 is exposed, less tearing.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Display brightness control on laptops is still not fixed
            That's what I wanted to know, thanks. Still stuck with Ubuntu 12.10 then.
            Yay, it's all the excitement of having a legacy card "will I get any more updates?" "will I be able to play this game with an old driver?", "when will I be able to use 13.04 or other future ubuntu versions?", but without having a legacy card.

It's like a legacy simulator -- see all the fun you're missing from being ignored!

Comment

sorry for my stupidity, but does it support 2D Acceleration?
              because it is nightmare if it doesn't. scrolling is slow, moving windows(non opengl Window manager).

Comment

Just to chime in. Brightness control works perfectly for me, infact, it only worked perfectly from release 12.11beta7 onwards. (before that it was a bit iffy)

Also try to see if you have the ACPI 'video' kernel module loaded. (e.g. try sudo modprobe video)?

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
                  That's what I wanted to know, thanks. Still stuck with Ubuntu 12.10 then.
                  Yay, it's all the excitement of having a legacy card "will I get any more updates?" "will I be able to play this game with an old driver?", "when will I be able to use 13.04 or other future ubuntu versions?", but without having a legacy card.

It's like a legacy simulator -- see all the fun you're missing from being ignored!
                  Well said. That's why we should spread the word
                  http://askubuntu.com/questions/17863...raphics-driver

Comment

I'm using Radeon 6370M 1GB hybrid GPU
                    and the driver still got the same lagg problems on Source based games!
                    2D rendering is kinda slow... for example - firefox is scrolling awfully slow...
                    Atleast some of the 3D rendering drops from 13.4 are fixed...

Anyway the situation compared to Nvidia is terrible... i'm really thinking of buying a new laptop with NV card... i can barely stand this...

Comment

Working...
                    X