Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst woes [FirePro 2270]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Catalyst woes [FirePro 2270]

    I got a new Dell machine at work today which comes with an AMD FirePro 2270 (512 MB version).

    After installation of Catalyst 13.2 Beta 7 the fglrx kernel module loads properly
    but I'm ending up with this message using aticonfig:

    "aticonfig: No supported adapters detected"

    Any ideas?

    Don't tell me this card has already phased out to "legacy"... :/
    Last edited by entropy; 03-01-2013, 09:43 AM.

  • #2
    Umm. The firepro series have other drivers.
    Just go to the amd driver site

    step 1 -> Workstation Graphics
    step 2 -> FirePro Performance Pre-WHQL Driver
    step 3 -> FirePro 2270
    step 4 -> whatever Linux architecture you have

    etc. Not that hard.

    PS why did you get a workstation graphics card? Those tend to be more expensive and slower than the consumer cards.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
      Umm. The firepro series have other drivers.
      Just go to the amd driver site

      step 1 -> Workstation Graphics
      step 2 -> FirePro Performance Pre-WHQL Driver
      step 3 -> FirePro 2270
      step 4 -> whatever Linux architecture you have

      etc. Not that hard.

      PS why did you get a workstation graphics card? Those tend to be more expensive and slower than the consumer cards.
      Thank you. I thought I could just go with Catalyst...

      At work, we can only choose between a small selection of preconfigured Dell offers
      which change from time to time. So I ended up with this configuration (blindly) [Dell Precision T6300]. Actually, it should come with a Nvidia Quadro card.
      Apparently, the old offer was not available any longer and so they "upgraded" it.

      I just found a package in the AUR repositories including kernel patches.
      Let's see. I have a very bad feeling right now...

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh great, no xorg-server 1.13 support.

        Isn't there a way to run the standard Catalyst on those ASICs?
        I think I can do without the additional FireXXX features.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a newer looking driver:

          step 1 -> Workstation Graphics
          step 2 -> FirePro Multiview series
          step 3 -> FirePro 2270
          step 4 -> whatever Linux architecture you have

          Maybe...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
            There is a newer looking driver:

            step 1 -> Workstation Graphics
            step 2 -> FirePro Multiview series
            step 3 -> FirePro 2270
            step 4 -> whatever Linux architecture you have

            Maybe...
            Unfortunately, this driver from late December does definitely not support xserver 1.13.

            https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/catalyst-firepro/

            Comment


            • #7
              Does the fglrx driver install and run?

              If you get the "unsupported hardware" logo, you could try this:

              http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ware-watermark

              Aticonfig may not work correctly here and there for certain hardware, i got mine saying that my A8-5500's GPU runs at -14 C...
              What is important is if you have working opengl and stuff.
              Last edited by gradinaruvasile; 03-01-2013, 11:19 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
                Does the fglrx driver install and run?

                If you get the "unsupported hardware" logo, you could try this:

                http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ware-watermark

                Aticonfig may not work correctly here and there for certain hardware, i got mine saying that my A8-5500's GPU runs at -14 C...
                What is important is if you have working opengl and stuff.
                Thank you!

                Catalyst 13.2 beta works fine.
                Only aticonfig refuses to work.
                Why is beyond me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It may be

                  See: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks!

                    But does this page contain something helpful for my case?
                    If so, I fail to see it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X