Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIGLX probs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    I got tired of missing packages, so I installed all dev-tools.

    I also have linva installed, if this is the correct method.

    rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

    I am getting the following errors now.

    Code:
    Processing files: ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6
    Provides: atiogl_a_dri.so config(ATI-fglrx) = 8.30.3-1.fc6 fglrx_dri.so fglrx_drv.so libGL.so.1 libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 libfglrx_gamma.so.1 libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 libfglrx_tvout.so.1 libfglrxdrm.so
    Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh
    Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
    Requires(post): /bin/sh /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/ldconfig
    Requires(preun): /bin/sh /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/service
    Requires(postun): /bin/sh /sbin/ldconfig /sbin/service
    Requires: /bin/bash /bin/sh config(ATI-fglrx) = 8.30.3-1.fc6 kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 = 8.30.3-1.fc6 libGL.so.1 libX11.so.6 libXext.so.6 libXrandr.so.2 libXrender.so.1 libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.3) libdl.so.2 libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 libfglrx_gamma.so.1 libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 libfglrx_tvout.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0) libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0) libm.so.6 libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0) librt.so.1 librt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2) libstdc++.so.5 libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) system-config-display
    Conflicts: fglrx fglrx-glc22 fglrx_4_3_0 fglrx_6_8_0 kernel-module-fglrx ati-fglrx ati-fglrx-devel kmod-fglrx xorg-x11-drv-fglrx xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-devel nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-legacy xorg-x11-drv-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy
    Processing files: ATI-fglrx-control-panel-8.30.3-1.fc6
    error: File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1-3168-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
    Processing files: ATI-fglrx-devel-8.30.3-1.fc6
    Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
    Requires: /usr/include/GL ATI-fglrx = 8.30.3-1.fc6 libGL.so.1
    Processing files: kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6-8.30.3-1.fc6
    Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh
    Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
    Requires(post): /bin/sh
    Requires(postun): /bin/sh
    Processing files: ATI-fglrx-debuginfo-8.30.3-1.fc6
    Provides: atiogl_a_dri.so.debug fglrx_dri.so.debug fglrx_drv.so.debug libGL.so.1.2.debug libfglrx_dm.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_pp.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_tvout.so.1.0.debug libfglrxdrm.so.debug
    Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
    
    
    RPM build errors:
        File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1-3168-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by hookooekoo View Post
      I got tired of missing packages, so I installed all dev-tools.

      I also have linva installed, if this is the correct method.

      rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

      I am getting the following errors now.

      Code:
      Processing files: ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6
      Provides: atiogl_a_dri.so config(ATI-fglrx) = 8.30.3-1.fc6 fglrx_dri.so fglrx_drv.so libGL.so.1 libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 libfglrx_gamma.so.1 libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 libfglrx_tvout.so.1 libfglrxdrm.so
      Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh
      Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
      Requires(post): /bin/sh /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/ldconfig
      Requires(preun): /bin/sh /sbin/chkconfig /sbin/service
      Requires(postun): /bin/sh /sbin/ldconfig /sbin/service
      Requires: /bin/bash /bin/sh config(ATI-fglrx) = 8.30.3-1.fc6 kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 = 8.30.3-1.fc6 libGL.so.1 libX11.so.6 libXext.so.6 libXrandr.so.2 libXrender.so.1 libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.3) libdl.so.2 libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 libfglrx_gamma.so.1 libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 libfglrx_tvout.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0) libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0) libm.so.6 libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0) librt.so.1 librt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2) libstdc++.so.5 libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) system-config-display
      Conflicts: fglrx fglrx-glc22 fglrx_4_3_0 fglrx_6_8_0 kernel-module-fglrx ati-fglrx ati-fglrx-devel kmod-fglrx xorg-x11-drv-fglrx xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-devel nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-legacy xorg-x11-drv-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy
      Processing files: ATI-fglrx-control-panel-8.30.3-1.fc6
      error: File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1-3168-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
      Processing files: ATI-fglrx-devel-8.30.3-1.fc6
      Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
      Requires: /usr/include/GL ATI-fglrx = 8.30.3-1.fc6 libGL.so.1
      Processing files: kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6-8.30.3-1.fc6
      Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh
      Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
      Requires(post): /bin/sh
      Requires(postun): /bin/sh
      Processing files: ATI-fglrx-debuginfo-8.30.3-1.fc6
      Provides: atiogl_a_dri.so.debug fglrx_dri.so.debug fglrx_drv.so.debug libGL.so.1.2.debug libfglrx_dm.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_pp.so.1.0.debug libfglrx_tvout.so.1.0.debug libfglrxdrm.so.debug
      Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
      
      
      RPM build errors:
          File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1-3168-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.30.3-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install
      If you go to thread http://www.phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=318 That should get you somewhere. I had to link up a few libraries to the plain ol .so instead of the .so.1 crap, and show which ones I had to do in that thread. But, end result is that the drivers work, and I get full resolution (1920x1200) but no DRI.

      Comment


      • #13
        Also, if you are using the ATI installer you DO NOT need Livna packages... It defeats the entire purpose.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Also, if you are using the ATI installer you DO NOT need Livna packages... It defeats the entire purpose.
          They didn't work worth crap for me anyways.

          Comment


          • #15
            I installed the Livna packages with the the command

            Code:
            rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
            as posted above. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

            the rpm -Uvh command is not working cause it can't find the package.

            Code:
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis livna
            livna:
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis livna*
            livna*:
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis *livna*
            *livna*:
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh rpm.livna-release-6-1
            error: open of rpm.livna-release-6-1 failed: No such file or directory
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh rpm.livna-release-6-1.rpm
            error: open of rpm.livna-release-6-1.rpm failed: No such file or directory
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh livna-release-6-1.rpm
            error: open of livna-release-6-1.rpm failed: No such file or directory
            [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]#
            Advice on removal? Thx

            Comment


            • #16
              You can just set enabled=0 in /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo to disable.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by hookooekoo View Post
                I installed the Livna packages with the the command

                Code:
                rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
                as posted above. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

                the rpm -Uvh command is not working cause it can't find the package.

                Code:
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis livna
                livna:
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis livna*
                livna*:
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# whereis *livna*
                *livna*:
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh rpm.livna-release-6-1
                error: open of rpm.livna-release-6-1 failed: No such file or directory
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh rpm.livna-release-6-1.rpm
                error: open of rpm.livna-release-6-1.rpm failed: No such file or directory
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]# rpm -Uvh livna-release-6-1.rpm
                error: open of livna-release-6-1.rpm failed: No such file or directory
                [root@dh7c8rb1 ~]#
                Advice on removal? Thx
                rpm -e livna-release-6-1
                or yum erase livna-release*
                or if the rpm-e didn't work
                rpm -qa | grep livna
                and then rpm -e the line that shows up.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by hookooekoo View Post
                  I installed the Livna packages with the the command

                  Code:
                  rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
                  as posted above. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

                  the rpm -Uvh command is not working cause it can't find the package.

                  Advice on removal? Thx
                  FYI

                  rpm -i is for install
                  rpm -U is: Install if not already there or Update if a previous version exists.
                  rpm -e/--erase will remove a package

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by jonastio View Post
                    FYI

                    rpm -i is for install
                    rpm -U is: Install if not already there or Update if a previous version exists.
                    rpm -e/--erase will remove a package

                    Lol, thx, been a long time since i used rpm commands

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X