Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 12.12 For Linux Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 12.12 For Linux Released

AMD released the Catalyst 12.12 Linux graphics driver for those still reliant upon their binary blob for Radeon/FirePro graphics card support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1MDI

and still no sighn of a new legacy driver...

Comment

Misleading title is misleading.

Comment

The embedded drivers are usually shit. Better use the Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11.

Comment

In case of using xvba - don't use anything from the 12.11bX stream. It is broken for Level51@high with 16 Reframes and drops one frame every second for every other H264 Level.

Stay with 12.10 and if you need xorg 1.13 support choose the 12.9Quantal.

Comment

Anything about hybrid graphics? From what I heard anything above 12.8 is broken in this regard.

Comment

I wondering why Michael doesn't mention new AMD forum for bugreports by Steam users: http://devgurus.amd.com/community/steam-linux.
              Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

AMD Catalyst in one single post:

1) you're lucky if you are able to install the driver and make it actually work after first reboot
                2) you don't suffer a kernel panic within 1 day without doing anything special
                3) you don't have issues with WINE
                4) you don't suffer a freeze while watching some bullshit videos with VLC or whatever
                5) get the list continued..

Comment

It would be much nicer when fglrx devs would look at public forums to get bug reports instead of ignoring everything written on the net that does not have got a bug ticket in their own system.

Comment

anyone else having catalyst say that its version 12.9 after installing? I tried the old trick of stopping x and deleting /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and then restarting X, but that didn't work. Tried installing it again, that didn't work either. Its weird since before this I was on 12.11 beta and before that I was on 12.10

Comment

Working...
                    X