Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 12.12 For Linux Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Good driver.

    TF2 is not experiencing FPS drops on my HD 6470M. Completely playable now.

    Comment


    • #47
      Can we use this driver for an hd7730m card?
      It is an "embedded driver", then it should not be for desktop/mobile cards, but above I see some comments of people using this driver...

      If I want a stable driver for my new laptop that has an intel cpu and an hd7730m card, should I take catalyst 12.10, 12.11 beta or 12.12 ?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mannerov View Post
        Can we use this driver for an hd7730m card?
        It is an "embedded driver", then it should not be for desktop/mobile cards, but above I see some comments of people using this driver...

        If I want a stable driver for my new laptop that has an intel cpu and an hd7730m card, should I take catalyst 12.10, 12.11 beta or 12.12 ?
        Drivers support many GPUs. I for example have an A8-5500 APU with its onboard AMD Radeon HD 7560D and all the above drivers work with it.

        Comment


        • #49
          It's surprising then that AMD didn't put these drivers in the legacy folder.

          If they are the better ones, I will take 12.12.

          Comment


          • #50
            Legacy would imply support for HD 2xxx - HD 4xxx or older... don't think these drivers go back that far.

            Comment


            • #51
              I mean, when I put the type my graphic card on their website, they are not telling me that I can install 12.12.
              They only say 12.10 and 12.11 beta.
              Last edited by mannerov; 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by mannerov View Post
                I mean, when I put the type my graphic card on their website, they are not telling me that I can install 12.12.
                They only say 12.10 and 12.11 beta.
                The driver can be downloaded from the "embedded" area. This is the latest fglrx version driver, they have firegl drivers too that differ from the "standard" cards drivers. These drivers support tons of cards under Linux (windoze is another story).
                I use it with my A8-5500/7650D with no issues.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I've tried to install 12.12, but it said my graphic card was not supported.
                  I then tried 12.11beta, it installs but has a powerxpress warning and it doesn't work at all! I had to delete xorg.conf with a ubuntu usb to allow my computer to boot again.
                  It seems my graphic card is not supported yet by the catalyst driver.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by mannerov View Post
                    I've tried to install 12.12, but it said my graphic card was not supported.
                    I then tried 12.11beta, it installs but has a powerxpress warning and it doesn't work at all! I had to delete xorg.conf with a ubuntu usb to allow my computer to boot again.
                    It seems my graphic card is not supported yet by the catalyst driver.
                    What card is that?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      It is an hd 7730m

                      I made a post here:http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/160250

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Try the 13.1 driver, it was released just now.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X