Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 12.6 final is out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Catalyst 12.6 final is out

    Grab them from the usual place
    Downloading them as I type...

  • #2
    Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Now I doesn't sure about R600 and R700 support. Some people can't install 12.6 (8.98) driver on R600/R700 hardware. Probably hardware support was removed from 8.98 branch as promised but AMD web-site team forgot to update download form and driver description (that probably because legacy driver is not released yet, so there is no legacy driver download page).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.
        Thought I'ld give it a try, AMD website fail again.


        Code:
        (EE) No supported AMD display adapters were found
        (EE) No devices detected.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not working on dv6 laptop with dual gpus 4200/5650 HD. The driver recognizes only the second one, and i get a black screen on boot, as usual.

          Comment


          • #6
            removed support for C-60 CPUs :-( "Acer Aspire One 722"
            it is not only suspend not working but also unsupported hardware watermark now

            Comment


            • #7
              Also not working on E350 and E450.
              Unsupported hardware. I think something went wrong with this release.

              Comment


              • #8
                Everything I have seen leads me to believe that the new driver only supports the older cards on Windows (maybe Macs also), but not on Linux. I don't know why they would need to drop support for the older cards on one OS and not the other. I guess you can add this to the ever growing list of reasons why AMD Linux support sucks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fritsch View Post
                  Also not working on E350 and E450.
                  Unsupported hardware. I think something went wrong with this release.
                  There have been some serious problems with the E350 and the fglrx driver, so perhaps they're labeling it as "unsupported" until they have fixed them. It would suprise me a lot of they would drop support for such recent hardware already.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fritsch View Post
                    Also not working on E350 and E450.
                    Unsupported hardware. I think something went wrong with this release.
                    I have to agree with the previous speaker. Under my MSi X370 with E-350 comes with a watermark indicating the lack of support, but ... the sign is easy to remove.
                    For Ubuntu script should look like this:

                    #!/bin/sh
                    DRIVER=/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                    for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
                    sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
                    done

                    These drivers, combined with an appropriate kernel and KDE 4.8.4 allows to operate almost perfectly smooth. However, it should be mentioned that are a little slower than the 12.4 in games such as Nexuiz, Xonotic declines of 1-3 frames/s However, interestingly, their work effects to the user seems smoother, P.

                    Yet the question of support for kernels 3.4 and 3.5 ... embarrassment here have the whole line ... just you can not build the module for these kernels. It is necessary patching sources. I have tested it under my kernel - a special version for AMD - Llano and Brazos - 3.4.4-ext73-f1-20.0-64-Brazos-ags-cfs

                    Greetings
                    Last edited by ext73; 06-29-2012, 07:19 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                      Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.
                      I asked for clarification on this, but my belief is that this is a typo. Latest from @CatalystCreator is that the next 6xx/7xx driver would be mid-July (don't know specific plans for Linux vs Windows) :

                      http://twitter.com/CatalystCreator/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ext73 View Post
                        I have to agree with the previous speaker. Under my MSi X370 with E-350 comes with a watermark indicating the lack of support, but ... the sign is easy to remove.
                        For Ubuntu script should look like this:

                        #!/bin/sh
                        DRIVER=/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                        for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
                        sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
                        done

                        These drivers, combined with an appropriate kernel and KDE 4.8.4 allows to operate almost perfectly smooth. However, it should be mentioned that are a little slower than the 12.4 in games such as Nexuiz, Xonotic declines of 1-3 frames/s However, interestingly, their work effects to the user seems smoother, P.

                        Yet the question of support for kernels 3.4 and 3.5 ... embarrassment here have the whole line ... just you can not build the module for these kernels. It is necessary patching sources. I have tested it under my kernel - a special version for AMD - Llano and Brazos - 3.4.4-ext73-f1-20.0-64-Brazos-ags-cfs

                        Greetings
                        I tried your script but it did not work for me. The location of driver is incorrect (at least on my laptop). I had to find the location of the driver and update the script. This worked for me. Hopefully it will help someone too.

                        #!/bin/sh
                        DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                        for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
                        sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
                        done

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Incredible that the final version of the driver doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. If they don't support Ubuntu LTS releases, what the heck do they support? At least there's a workaround you can patch in libpciaccess.

                          Also, suddenly my 6310 adapter comes up as unsupported. I patched the driver to remove that obnoxious watermark, but is there a way to get aticonfig working?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No need to patch.
                            Just keep your /etc/ati/control from 12.6b

                            or take this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/control

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thank you fritsch, that worked great.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X