Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst Linux 12.6 Beta Has Arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Catalyst Linux 12.6 Beta Has Arrived

    Phoronix: AMD Catalyst Linux 12.6 Beta Has Arrived

    While AMD is changing their Catalyst driver program and there wasn't any Catalyst 12.5 release, there is a public beta of Catalyst 12.6 for Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMTU

  • #2
    Sucks with pre-HD5000 series support removed.

    Still no support for Linux kernel 3.4.

    Sucks that AMD does not publish Linux change log.
    Michael, thanks for providing Linux change log. Curious though, how do you get a hold of these?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Sucks with pre-HD5000 series support removed.
      Agreed!

      Michael, thanks for providing Linux change log.
      Yes, thanks!

      Curious though, how do you get a hold of these?
      Huh?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Michael, thanks for providing Linux change log. Curious though, how do you get a hold of these?
        I read them off the label on the beer bottles
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I read them off the label on the beer bottles
          It's not too hard to visualize your very special kind of seance. ;D

          Comment


          • #6
            Protip for HD4000 users: we can still update AMDCCCLE. Just generate distro specific packages, and install one with control panel.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yaji View Post
              Protip for HD4000 users: we can still update AMDCCCLE. Just generate distro specific packages, and install one with control panel.
              Can you provide further instructions?

              Comment


              • #8
                Linux 3.3 kernel support
                Wait, what?! ..... How have I been using 12.04 with kernel 3.4 then?!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Does this driver have a watermark?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ragas View Post
                    Wait, what?! ..... How have I been using 12.04 with kernel 3.4 then?!
                    I assume that you run a 64 bit version. The drivers for 32 bit kernel >3.2.7 had to be patched in Catalyst 12.4 and below.

                    - Pre-HD5000 series support removed -- no more HD 2000/3000/4000 series support.

                    ...

                    - X.Org Server 1.12 support.
                    Again one of AMD's miserable jokes. Would it have been so hard to release only one driver for pre-HD5000 that works with X.Org Server 1.12?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X