Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Replace control file: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...ware_Watermark
    And put valid signature to signature file: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Amd_watermark
    It doesn't work. The signature is "Undefined" in the signature file.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejuni View Post
      It doesn't work. The signature is "Undefined" in the signature file.
      That why you need to put valid signature follow instruction.
      Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 06-02-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

That why you need to put valid signature follow instruction.
        Further checked the signature from the grep command returns unsigned and the control file from install archive is the same as the installed one.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejuni View Post
          Further checked the signature from the grep command returns unsigned and the control file from install archive is the same as the installed one.
          Take control file and signature from stable build, not beta.

Comment

can confirm works well with Xserver 1.12 on Archlinux

Originally posted by rechapit View Post
            Having the same issue. posted a bug report here
            here is my xorg.0.log... i just updated the packages after installing Catalyst 12.6 from the AUR....looks like debian specific issue to me

Comment

ubuntu segfaults as well

Originally posted by rechapit View Post
              Having the same issue. posted a bug report here
              woah looks like Ubuntu 12.04 too has the issue, got the segfault after I upgraded the xserver packages from xorg edgers ppa... amd64 here... and like i said before, no such issues on arch with xserver 1.12

Comment

Maybe it is related to the used gcc version.

Comment

Please tell me they have/will be fixing suspend/resume...

Driving me nuts on my Fusion powered netbook. fglrx does everything better than the open source driver (power management and HD video playback etc) EXCEPT I cant suspend the machine without it coming back up with a blank screen. very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post

Driving me nuts on my Fusion powered netbook. fglrx does everything better than the open source driver (power management and HD video playback etc) EXCEPT I cant suspend the machine without it coming back up with a blank screen. very frustrating.
                    i bet the radeon driver will get power-management faster than the FGLRX/catalyst will be "stable"

Comment

Take control file and signature from stable build, not beta.
                      Thanks, worked grepping a signature from a stable release.

Comment

well, even my laptop has the same issue , though i do this little workaround of increasing the brightness a bit when i resume ,..this gets me rid of the blank screen, but it is annoying to do this everytime

Comment

Funnyly the 32 bit driver works with wheezy's xserver 1.12...

Comment

Originally posted by xgt001 View Post
                            well, even my laptop has the same issue , though i do this little workaround of increasing the brightness a bit when i resume ,..this gets me rid of the blank screen, but it is annoying to do this everytime
                            Wait that works?

I always suspected its more the display since it seems the machine is actually waking up and responding to commands but i never figured brightness would be a factor.

Comment

it works

Wait that works?

I always suspected its more the display since it seems the machine is actually waking up and responding to commands but i never figured brightness would be a factor.
                              even I discovered this by mistake.. i knew the machine was waking up because of the fan sound.. so tried increasing the brightness... this works every time on my machine..YMMV

Comment

Radeon HD 7750 3 monitors not working

Hi, I installed the catalyst 12.6 beta drivers on my linux mint 13 maya system, using a radeon 7750 with hdmi, dvi-i and display port. extending the workspace to the hdmi and dvi works fine, but the monitor with the display port (using a display port to dvi adaptor) is not receiving a signal from the card. When I boot and post, I can see the bios bootup, but then goes black while the other two monitors are able to display the linux mint workspace. I'll look further.

Comment

Working...
                                X