AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sandy8925,

Everything fine here 11.10 x64 and cat 11.10 only what is have is slow performance with 6970.

Comment

like the old sayings, YMMV.
      back with radeon os driver on my debian box. for gaming, will use windows. waiting for cat 11.11. hope it solve my problem. too lazy too tinker now.

Comment

Originally posted by Margus View Post
        sandy8925,

Everything fine here 11.10 x64 and cat 11.10 only what is have is slow performance with 6970.
        It sounds like your computer is a desktop, mine is a laptop. And it has an APU + discrete card.

Comment

Ubuntu 10.04 and FGLRX 11.10 Working Well

I just installed 11.10 on one of my desktops. Under Ubuntu 10.04 it is very smooth. No lag of any kind. I am also getting excellent hardware accelerated video playback in VLC and XBMC. XBMC still has some weird corruption on startup with FGLRX drivers, but works fine after that.

Running the script didn't work on my other Radeon machine, but generating the debs worked perfectly.

Comment

hey after I installed 11.11 and had the same issue I was going on about earlier in this thread I went looking for what was happening again. It turns out that fglrx was listed in the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-local.conf. Does anyone have any idea why in the world that would be listed? this is on ubuntu oneiric btw, and commenting out that entry resulted in everything working just fine again, what a simple, dumb and frustrating issue.

Comment

Working...
            X