Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Newerth performance

Hello there,
    id like to ask all HoN players out here about their framerate in HoN. I am owner of HD4670 and getting poor 15~30 FPS and thats really terrible. If you have just a few minutes, help me a little please.
    Start HoN -> Run a practice game
    Into console (ctrl+shift+f8) type "host_drawfps 1"
    Send here your results in various details settings (or just one, depends on how much time you do have). Im getting 15~30 FPS regardless on details and i just reported bug into AMD bugzilla. If you have same issues, just post a comment here: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=244 to confirm this bug.
    Help me to solve this bug out and do ATi Linux driver a little better once again
    Thank you,
    Schmaker

Help me a little?

Come on .. no one?

Comment

hi i found out hon do have problem if a firefox using the gpu are open and flash using the gpu are open.

try to close both flash and firefox or turn of the gpu acceleration in both flash and firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmaker View Post
        Come on .. no one?
        i got 29fps all the time but if the browser firefox+flash runs it goes down to 20fps..

Comment

I am owner of HD4670 and getting poor 15~30 FPS and thats really terrible.
          What is the rest of your system's config?

Comment

Intel Pentium DualCore CPU and 2 Gigs of RAM .. pretty much enough for game like this. Ive tried the game on clear Xserver and with no apps running. On nVidia with similiar specs and lower end GPU i do have 50-60 FPS stable even with antialiasing.

Comment

cpuinfo:
              model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
              fglrxinfo:
              OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Comment

i'm sure its not the cpu i run a phenom II B50 X4 @3,8ghz..

Comment

It IS the GPU driver .. id like to see someone of AMD to notice this bug and try to fix it as it makes HoN experience pretty much .. you know .. bad :/

Comment

It IS the GPU driver .. id like to see someone of AMD to notice this bug and try to fix it as it makes HoN experience pretty much .. you know .. bad :/
                    Have you left a message to S2 as well?

Comment

I know this is the blob area, but what kind of fps do you get with the open driver? Is it actually better in HoN now?

Comment

I dont have OSS drivers, so i cant really tell (they didnt worked well for me). Anyways, for S2Games there were already a tons of threads regarding bad fglrx performance with HoN in their forums, but it works well with nVidia, so they answered its issue of poor ATi Linux drivers. So im trying the second end of the line.

Comment

125fps on start, ~60fps durning normal game and ~10 around big teamfights. C2D 3,15GHz, GTX275.

Comment

ATi blobs are nasty unfortunately - they have vastly improved but still have issues

A couple of things you can try

Code:
                            cat /proc/mtrr 
                            reg00: base=0x000000000 (    0MB), size= 2048MB, count=1: write-back
                            reg01: base=0x080000000 ( 2048MB), size= 1024MB, count=1: write-back
                            reg02: base=0x0c0000000 ( 3072MB), size=  512MB, count=1: write-back
                            reg03: base=0x100000000 ( 4096MB), size= 4096MB, count=1: write-back
                            reg04: base=0x200000000 ( 8192MB), size=  512MB, count=1: write-back
                            Generally you shouldn't have any un-cachable entries.

Code:
                            newx() { DISPLAY=:1.0; xinit $* -- :1; }; newx /opt/HoN/hon.sh
                            and redo those ingame tests

#3 disable the composite xorg extension

Comment

60 fps most of the time
                              some big action drops to 30 or so
                              all max graphics except shadows.

1280x960 windowed

amd 6000+ 3ghz, 6gig ddr2 800mhz, ati 5770 (fglrx 11.5-11.8), Linux Mint 11, compiz on

no probelems noticed with performance

Comment

Working...
                              X