AMD Puts Out Catalyst 11.4 With X Server 1.10 Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete please.
    Last edited by alazar; 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM. Reason: Repeated.

Comment

I am very pleased with 11-4 (Ati HD4350, arch linux 64, kde 4.6, 1 monitor, tear free enabled).

All is running pretty well ,no slowdows, *really tearfree*, perfect video, and no performance degradation due to tear free enabled (I benchmarked Lightsmark 2008 and a few wine games).

Comment

Out of Curiosity

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        All is running pretty well ,no slowdows, *really tearfree*, perfect video, and no performance degradation due to tear free enabled (I benchmarked Lightsmark 2008 and a few wine games).
        Are you using xvba through va-api?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          I am very pleased with 11-4 (Ati HD4350, arch linux 64, kde 4.6, 1 monitor, tear free enabled).

I have same experience.
          When tearfree is enabled, I can watch tearfree movies in my favorite movieplayer with output set to xv. And it does not lag a bit (not using xvba / va-api). I am using plain core2duo power.

The only annoying thing with the new tearfree option, is when playing HoN. If I do not disable the tearfree option, HoN will drop a bit in fps. Well it is very easy just to disable the tearfree option before launching HoN, but thought I would mention it.

Comment

xvba/vaapi is totally broken on my card (hd2600) Would be really nice if I could get that working, But video playback is acceptable now. My 2ghz core 2 duo T5750 plays 720p h.264 videos fine with no tearing.

My biggest problem with ati drivers right now is smooth scrolling. Total crap compared to windows in firefox and opera.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              Are you using xvba through va-api?
              No, I am used to use mplayer-mt since long time ago. I find that pretty solid and I don't want to experiment with xvba.

Comment

Water in Shadowgrounds doesn't render properly with 11.4, though it's fine with 11.3 here (HD4670, openSUSE 11.4 64bit).
                Note: I use High settings.
                With 11.4 everything under the water's surface kind of jumps around. Deselecting "Distortion effect" in the advanced options at launch solves this (ironically), however liquid surfaces still seem to lack shaders.
                I also tried unchecking "Catalyst A.I." in AMDCCCLE but got some weird artifacts, plus that only worked once for some reason.
                Shadows were sharper with 11.3 too.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                  Water in Shadowgrounds doesn't render properly with 11.4, though it's fine with 11.3 here (HD4670, openSUSE 11.4 64bit).
                  Note: I use High settings.
                  With 11.4 everything under the water's surface kind of jumps around. Deselecting "Distortion effect" in the advanced options at launch solves this (ironically), however liquid surfaces still seem to lack shaders.
                  I also tried unchecking "Catalyst A.I." in AMDCCCLE but got some weird artifacts, plus that only worked once for some reason.
                  Shadows were sharper with 11.3 too.
                  Solved in 11.5

Comment

Working...
                  X