Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fglrx 11.1 released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fglrx 11.1 released

    the first release of the year, no link yet on the webpage...

    https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

  • #2
    Linux support is up to 2.6.37.

    Oh and you might find something interesting in the AMDCCCLE.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Oh and you might find something interesting in the AMDCCCLE.
      Interestingly I cannot get out of flash fullscreen mode anymore, when turning this option on.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
        Interestingly I cannot get out of flash fullscreen mode anymore, when turning this option on.
        Edit: Oh wait, I can quit fullscreen mode on youtube, but not on the daily show... hm...

        (opensuse 11.3 64bit, hd 3650 mobility, flash player square 64bit)

        Comment


        • #5
          Where the hell are the release notes?

          Comment


          • #6
            Wonder if it works with 2.6.38.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by meklu View Post
              Wonder if it works with 2.6.38.
              It is not even published. -.-

              Comment


              • #8
                It works up to 2.6.38rc2 till now

                Comment


                • #9
                  What are they feeding it? Fat? Cause sure it doesn't slim much as if was foretold.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dekomote View Post
                    What are they feeding it? Fat? Cause sure it doesn't slim much as if was foretold.
                    the slim comes with the 11.2 catalyst driver

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      the slim comes with the 11.2 catalyst driver
                      I meant no disrespect . Just a random rant. I really don't mind the size of it, i just want it to work good until Gallium is good enough for games.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dekomote View Post
                        I meant no disrespect . Just a random rant. I really don't mind the size of it, i just want it to work good until Gallium is good enough for games.
                        no problem. 11.1 slim a bit but 11.2 slim more. 80mb last time i checked.

                        i don't think this driver work well on my system because i'm on kubuntu 11.04+xorg-edgers+2.6.38rc2 kernel.

                        maybe i test it on my second hardware with an differend installation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          maybe you did not notice the size INCREASE:

                          125176007 ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run
                          125894486 ati-driver-installer-11-1-x86.x86_64.run

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dekomote View Post
                              Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.
                              Not all the time. Only skips couple of frames here and there but it's so f'ing annoying! r600c works flawlessly with video and 2d at least. I'm going back to it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X