Another example of AMD's bad opengl support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devius View Post
    I don't see the AMD/ATI fanatics going over to the nvidia forums to talk trash about nvidia. But maybe that's because I don't pay much attention to those forums. Does that happen?
    Last time I checked these were linux forums. You see just as much crap being thrown in the Nvidia threads.

Comment

i think ati has suffered such a bad rep, for such a long time in the linux community that will take a while - a long while - and pristine drivers before it can start to recover. any misstep, bad benchmark or regression is still, and will still be for the foreseeable future, be met with hostility.

no matter how good the new philosophy and drivers have gotten, this is what you get for taking a dump on linux users for so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Last time I checked these were linux forums. You see just as much crap being thrown in the Nvidia threads.
        Remember Mark Shuttleworth talking about "the enemy within"? The whole fanATIc/nVidiot thing is simply childish.

Originally posted by pedepy View Post
        any misstep, bad benchmark or regression is still, and will still be for the foreseeable future, be met with hostility.

no matter how good the new philosophy and drivers have gotten, this is what you get for taking a dump on linux users for so many years.
        This is really something that every single hardware manufacturer out there should always keep in mind, because they seem to be forgetting that their boss will always be the customer and they're never gonna make it too far when shitting on the heads of potential customers, no matter how insignificant they seem to be at the moment.
        And considering that average UNIX user tends to be a geek with very significant influence on many other ICT consumers, alienating this kind of people is really stupid and short-sighted…

Comment

Working...
        X