Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI blob late

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATI blob late

    Whats going on with the ATI blob? It's kinda late this month. Is it possible they are finally getting some work done on it?

  • #2
    Their windows driver hasn't been released yet, either, and it's much more likely that the conceived delay is to be attributed to the windows driver rather than the linux one. Maybe something turned up in their test cycle, and they've decided to include & test another fix.

    But since release-dates aren't pre-announced, it cannot by definition be "late" anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought they usually release the blob on the last Wednesday of the month.

      Comment


      • #4
        it'll be out approximately in 1 week - that's on 25th or 26th of January (at least the windows drivers - and that with an technical innovation tessallation control - dunno if that will be available on linux, too)

        coincidentally the GTX 560 Ti also will be released

        Comment


        • #5
          26 January, it seems!

          It's not late. Catalystmaker already said in a twitter post 11.1 will be released at 26th January...

          Cheers

          p.s.: Btw, it seems nVidia is using again their old naming schema for GF cards

          Comment


          • #6
            The holidays might have set it back a bit as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dekomote View Post
              Whats going on with the ATI blob? It's kinda late this month. Is it possible they are finally getting some work done on it?
              the driver is finish 20-30 days ago it's only the WHQL and the contract with Microsoft thatís forbid any faster releasing driver support for other platforms linux/macos.

              every 3 moths the WHQL hits the Linux driver in that way just because the Microsoft certification needs 30 days to finish.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                the driver is finish 20-30 days ago it's only the WHQL and the contract with Microsoft thatís forbid any faster releasing driver support for other platforms linux/macos.
                Isn't there a law against such things?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Isn't there a law against such things?
                  no there is no law against this. Microsoft got what they pay for.

                  and this just means Linux do not get the driver 20-30 days before the windows driver comes out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    no there is no law against this. Microsoft got what they pay for.

                    and this just means Linux do not get the driver 20-30 days before the windows driver comes out.
                    What the uck? How is limiting software release for not their platform is not illegal? It is direct violation of the competition laws!

                    What the uck has microsoft EVER done positive? They are such a dirty place, siberian village toilet looks like HOLY SHRINE compared to them and their minds!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X