No announcement yet.

8.28.8 3D acceleration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no concrete proof, but I'm inclined to blame your libGLU for your problems.

I think it's too much a related module to fglrx to just simply paste into. And it may cause some mayhem for your fglrx.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
      I have no concrete proof, but I'm inclined to blame your libGLU for your problems.

I think it's too much a related module to fglrx to just simply paste into. And it may cause some mayhem for your fglrx.
      Well I'm inclined to agree, since I just nonchalantly copied the libGLU file over. Without it however, the screensaver would not compile at all.
      Do you possibly know what package I could install that would properly install the missing components, such as libGLU.so and glu.h among others which I'm sure are missing?

Comment

Sure.

Normally, that .so file is supplied by MesaGL. I think, though, that fglrx supplies it's own headers and shared objects. Since I'm not entirely sure what fglrx includes, you'd better check on what it installs. But libGLU should be part of MesaGL, or OpenGL for that matter.

Here's a neat link that clearly shows you what package supplies libGLU.
        http://rpm2html.osmirror.nl/libGLU.so.1.html

Comment

Working...
        X