Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say Hello To The Catalyst Linux Driver Christmas Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    xvba can decode h264 up to l4.1 but not l5.1. That means when you have got bluray m2ts you can play em but not videos encoded with a higher level.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Kano View Post
      xvba can decode h264 up to l4.1 but not l5.1. That means when you have got bluray m2ts you can play em but not videos encoded with a higher level.
      not only that, Encoding anything higher than high profile level 4.1 is a waste of time today anyway, its not just xvba, many decoders outside the PC realm don't even try accommodating anything over L4.1

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by popper View Post
        not only that, Encoding anything higher than high profile level 4.1 is a waste of time today anyway, its not just xvba, many decoders outside the PC realm don't even try accommodating anything over L4.1
        Many of the newer home video cameras are capable of recording at a 4.2 level now. 1080P@60fps.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
          - no tearing with acceptable performance


          You said it not me

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
            i just want them to fix 3 things:
            - not redirecting fullscreen windows even when switching the virtual desktop
            - taking ages to wake up or not waking up at all.
            - no tearing with acceptable performance
            if these 3 issues get fixed i will live happily ever afer.
            cat 11.1 brings the "no tearing" maybe 1% of the users can not use this because of bugs in the 11.1 driver.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              I agree that's just nonsense, but IMHO the lie of the year award should go to the member "phoronix" for the post "steam is coming to Linux this summer".
              yes but only because "this summer"

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by AdrenalineJunky View Post
                Wine developers have catered to ati's driver issues
                I don't know if this was a wise decision...

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                  Not true. With 10.11 it made half life 2 and warcraft3 finally completely unplayable. Warcraft3 freezes randomly, half life 2 freezes reproducable:
                  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13721560/hl2-3.mkv
                  I tried many different settings in amdcccle including the default config. If you look in the wrong direction at a wrong angle it just freezes. At this canal it was everytime. I tried a geforce 8800gt right after that in the same PC and same wine config etc. and it worked extremely well. Unfortunately the card seems to have a memory error.
                  Can we please, please, PLEASE stop complaining about wine? As it's been stated several times over on this website and others: The wine developers are Nvidia users, and as such they use a lot of Nvidia-centric hacks to get things to work. fglrx has issues but this is one that is out of their hands.

                  It's been stated several times on this forum and others how gfx cards work. One of the main problems with computer graphics is the amount of gray areas that exist (read: the features and functions that aren't explicitly defined/covered by the specs). People who follow graphics technology have acknowledged this. Developers have acknowledged this. Hell even bridgman himself acknowledged this. All we can do is hope DirectX 11 games work better with ATi - seeing as how they had DX11 cards a full 6 months before Nvidia produced one.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
                    Can we please, please, PLEASE stop complaining about wine? As it's been stated several times over on this website and others: The wine developers are Nvidia users, and as such they use a lot of Nvidia-centric hacks to get things to work. fglrx has issues but this is one that is out of their hands.
                    Sure I could. But:
                    Does intel also have these issues with wine?

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                      Sure I could. But:
                      Does intel also have these issues with wine?

                      had to do some googling, as i've never actually seen anyone pose that question, or comment on the subject of it.


                      but the impression i got from reading on the wine mailing list some was that the situation for intel cards is much worse then the one for AMD ones.

                      which isn't really suprising.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X