Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst with Intel IGP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Just a question: Are you using Ubuntu like maximn? If so, it'd be better to recompile the kernel disabling the hybrid graphics support explicitly. I tried to find a solution for you there, but it seems there are some problems when using the acpi_call module (I think it needs to be compiled from source to work in Ubuntu kernels, don't know really) to disable your integrated graphics...

    I can't really help you very much with this, sorry...

    Cheers

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by evolution View Post
      Just a question: Are you using Ubuntu like maximn? If so, it'd be better to recompile the kernel disabling the hybrid graphics support explicitly. I tried to find a solution for you there, but it seems there are some problems when using the acpi_call module (I think it needs to be compiled from source to work in Ubuntu kernels, don't know really) to disable your integrated graphics...

      I can't really help you very much with this, sorry...

      Cheers
      I am using just the standard Ubuntu release 10.10 (kernel 2.6.35-23-generic). I should then disable hybrid graphics support and recompile the kernel right?

      Comment


      • #13
        I am using the standard Ubuntu 10.10 with kernel 2.6.35-23-generic. I suppose I have to recompile the kernel disabling the hybrid graphics support right? Would you please point me in the right direction for doing so?

        Cheers

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by nazcaspider View Post
          I am using the standard Ubuntu 10.10 with kernel 2.6.35-23-generic. I suppose I have to recompile the kernel disabling the hybrid graphics support right? Would you please point me in the right direction for doing so?

          Cheers
          I am using standard kernel too. BTW I had no success in disabling: the results are the same which you described.

          Comment


          • #15
            Yes, it is... You need to disable the hybrid graphics support on your kernels, and then recompile them... It might be the best solution you've ATM.

            Cheers

            Comment


            • #16
              I don't know how to compile a kernel in Ubuntu (I use Arch), but I found a useful link there:

              Ubuntu 10.10 kernel compilation

              Before compiling the kernel (while you're in the "make menuconfig" procedure to configure the kernel), go to Device "Drivers -> Graphics support", and then disable the option which says "Laptop Hybrid Graphics - GPU switching support", by pressing the "N" key in your keyboard.

              Then you just need to compile your kernel like it's told in the tutorial I've sent you...

              Cheers

              p.s.: If I were you, I'd also use lsmod and lspci to strip the kernel for your hardware...

              Comment


              • #17
                I recompiled the kernel with the disabled hybrid card support, but the fgrlx still complains against the IGP. Did you tried yourself the fglrx with Intel IGP?

                Originally posted by evolution View Post
                Yes, it is... You need to disable the hybrid graphics support on your kernels, and then recompile them... It might be the best solution you've ATM.

                Cheers

                Comment


                • #18
                  My mistake...

                  Originally posted by maximn View Post
                  I recompiled the kernel with the disabled hybrid card support, but the fgrlx still complains against the IGP. Did you tried yourself the fglrx with Intel IGP?
                  Well, in the past (before 2.6.35) you could disable it (I've done it in some of my friends' computers, but most of them were easier, because I could do it on BIOS), as you can see in some of the posts there (me + Armin). But ATM, it seems you're out of luck with newer kernels + fglrx.
                  I've searched in google some results and... Currently you can only have Intel + ATI hybrid graphics if you use both OS drivers... And hybrid graphics support enabled. (in another words, my FAIL and Linux FAIL ).

                  I'm sorry for my mistake... I can't help you anymore from there...

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by evolution View Post
                    Well, in the past (before 2.6.35) you could disable it (I've done it in some of my friends' computers, but most of them were easier, because I could do it on BIOS), as you can see in some of the posts there (me + Armin). But ATM, it seems you're out of luck with newer kernels + fglrx.
                    I've searched in google some results and... Currently you can only have Intel + ATI hybrid graphics if you use both OS drivers... And hybrid graphics support enabled. (in another words, my FAIL and Linux FAIL ).

                    I'm sorry for my mistake... I can't help you anymore from there...

                    Cheers
                    About my last post, if you want a last try before quitting, please post here (or in pastebin) your outputs of dmesg, Xorg.log.0, lspci and lsmod... but I can't guarantee I can help you this time... (I've already tried everything I could do for you )
                    Else, you'll have to stick ATM with Ubuntu + Intel...

                    Cheers

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by maximn View Post
                      I recompiled the kernel with the disabled hybrid card support, but the fgrlx still complains against the IGP. Did you tried yourself the fglrx with Intel IGP?
                      Same here :/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X