Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATi Catalyst crashes after 2 entrances into X.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
    I had no idea the Gallium3D driver was so far along! :O
    Ace. How's the power management in it? Might have to go for it.
    the power managment is in the kernel and on the opensource radeon forum part of phoronix bridgman wrote something kernel 2.6.37 fix the power managment.

    means if you use the radeon driver and this burns your battery down just install kernel 2.6.37 and you will get 1-2 extra hours.


    Bridgman:"Other than not being enabled by default, are you seeing problems with dynpm ? My recollection was that the "glitching" issue was largely fixed a month or two ago..."
    [...]
    "Pretty sure it was in the kernel. My guess is that you would need 2.6.37 to get it. "
    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...=27290&page=14

    maybe you need to activate 'dynpm'

    Comment


    • #22
      is 2.6.37 rc's + xorg-edgers all you need to try galium3d, or is mesa still default on ubuntu?

      Comment


      • #23
        Just tried on maverick. 2.6.37-rc3 and xorg-edgers radeon driver.

        I'm extremely impressed to be honest.. since my last testing with 2.6.36 some extremely annoying bugs have been fixed. I had problems with displayport (which I use a LOT), and it seems to be working 100% now.

        That said, I couldn't get world of warcraft running. It starts up, I'm missing models in the main screen+character selection, and it crashed in world.

        But I'll be sure to keep a closer eye on it. I think my test enviroment is gonna be using radeon for now. And I might just live in that enviroment during the work week, I've had some problems with suspend2ram on fglrx.

        Comment


        • #24
          You may be running the "classic" Mesa driver rather than the "gallium3d" (aka r600g) version. Check your glxinfo output :

          glxinfo | grep renderer (or just scroll through the glxinfo output)

          You might have to change an environment variable to get the gallium3d driver variant, it's not the default yet.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            it's not the default yet.
            why not ? and why is dynpm not default ?

            Comment


            • #26
              If you want to try r600g, there is the xorg-edgers/gallium PPA:

              https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/radeon

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                You may be running the "classic" Mesa driver rather than the "gallium3d" (aka r600g) version. Check your glxinfo output :

                glxinfo | grep renderer (or just scroll through the glxinfo output)

                You might have to change an environment variable to get the gallium3d driver variant, it's not the default yet.
                $ glxinfo | grep rend
                direct rendering: Yes
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER


                Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                If you want to try r600g, there is the xorg-edgers/gallium PPA:

                https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/radeon
                That's the one I tried.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  If you want to try r600g, there is the xorg-edgers/gallium PPA:

                  https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/radeon
                  "Only for ATI Radeon R3xx-R7xx cards."

                  i dit not have an R3xx-R7xx card anymore.

                  i wait for the r800 galium support

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    "Only for ATI Radeon R3xx-R7xx cards."
                    i dit not have an R3xx-R7xx card anymore.
                    i wait for the r800 galium support
                    uhh i use wrong words.. i do not test on my hd4250 system

                    my 5670 is for testing now.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      I guess the message needs to be updated.. should be r3xx-Evergreen...

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X