Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks anyway

Comment

Here's something weird that happens with 10.10, that I've never seen before: 10.10 seems to somehow limit my backlight brightness to something like 25% or 50% of the maximum brightness. In fact, it had me worried that my inverter was failing, until I booted Windows and found that not to be affected.

Edit: switching to TTY makes it bright again, so maybe it's not the backlight, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by DanaG View Post
        Edit: switching to TTY makes it bright again, so maybe it's not the backlight, after all...
        Damn 1-minute limit... whoever did that should have all his pencils be confiscated, forever -- let's force him to write with pen for the rest of his life.

Anyway, it looks like "Deep Bit Depth Pixel" was to blame -- it somehow downscaled the max RGB value, or such. Oddly enough, the Xorg log still claimed 24-bit color depth!

What is Deep Bit Depth Pixel supposed to really do, anyway? I'd imagine it's about 30-bit displays, but does anyone have any more info than that?

Comment

i just reinstaled root and everything is ok on fglrx, try it

Comment

Catalyst 10.10 has major bugs with wine on ubuntu 10.10 (64-bit). The regression is that multiple models are not being rendered and are invisible.... see the following bug report:
            http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1942

Tested Games: (all use similar rendering api )
            Alien Swarm (wine v1.2.1 only, but still shows regression)
            Left 4 Dead (Wine v1.2.1 and 1.3.5 where both tested on this)
            Left 4 Dead 2 (wine v1.2.1 only, but still shows regression)

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
              Catalyst 10.10 has major bugs with wine on ubuntu 10.10 (64-bit). The regression is that multiple models are not being rendered and are invisible.... see the following bug report:
              http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1942

Tested Games: (all use similar rendering api )
              Alien Swarm (wine v1.2.1 only, but still shows regression)
              Left 4 Dead (Wine v1.2.1 and 1.3.5 where both tested on this)
              Left 4 Dead 2 (wine v1.2.1 only, but still shows regression)
              Alien Swarm picture is exactly how EverQuest has been looking..only the text issue seems to have been mostly fixed..some missing at the log-in screen but looks ok once in-game.. Characters are either invisible or partially empty suits of armor.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

root = reinstaled system and mount home partition back

Comment

No, he probably had /home on a different partition to make reinstalls easier.

Comment

i always have 6 partitions

sda
                    root
                    home
                    swap

sdb
                    small -small files
                    big - big files
                    dos - 0,5 gb for dos compaibility and dosbox

Comment

i use fglrx, not edgers ppa or x-swat
                      should i?

Comment

i dont even have this options in about:config

Comment

ah.. i have ff 3.6

Comment

Originally posted by bongmaster2
                            omfg only 1 min to edit posts.....

i had to add it to get it working.settings in the gui dont work.

but its strange.
                            ie9 testdrive fishtank does not get as much speed as before(almost as slow as without layers enabled)but http://www.tapper-ware.net/stable/we...est.transform/ does run as fast as with direct2d with gallium.
                            Direct2D is a windows-only API, so it's not possible to use that in Linux. The equivalent API is XRender, which I can't remember if that's supported in FF yet or not. The layers support will work (using OpenGL vs Direct3D) and I'm guessing that's what is giving you any speedups you're seeing.

The Direct2D acceleration API in fglrx is completely different from the Windows API, and it's used internally only (to increase the speed of XRender).

Comment

Right. The only connection between the new acceleration in fglrx (A2AA) and Direct2D is that the fglrx developers re-used a test option left over from Direct2D development to enable the new accel code before it became on by default.

Comment

after your "tweeks" i got fu**** up some sites, dunno why, only part or one page...

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6...tekranu1xy.png

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8...utekranukv.png

same site, different effect, same source of problem

Comment

Working...
                                X