Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 10.10 final leak for non ubuntu 10-10 users

http://www.ati-forum.de/allgemein/do...%C3%BCr-linux/

amd want to hold back the 10.10 driver to the 2010-10-27 so now you have the chance to fight them back!

get your driver ! NOW!

Thanks Q,

not quite the same version numbers as in the ati miracle thread
    of the 10-10 ubuntu drivers.Very nice all the same

2D Driver Version is reported as 8.78.6
    Code:
    [larry@Tardis-2 Unigine_Heaven]$ fglrxinfo
    display: :0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.0.10243 Compatibility Profile Context
    Took a bit of playing around but I got the 64 bit rpm's to generate for Mandriva 2011.0(cooker) Thanks to the latest commit in Phorogit.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Its been months since I posted. I'm wondering if 10.10 fixes any of the tearing issues?

Comment

Release notes:

* Kernel module build fix for x86_64 kernels with security fix for CVE-2010-3081
        * Generalized kernel module build fix for CVE-2010-3081 to work on RHEL and SLED/SUSE
        * Ubuntu 10.10 early-look support (Xserver 1.9 support)
        * Updated packaging scripts to support Ubuntu 10.10
        * openSUSE 11.3 production support
        * Fixed packaging scripts for SLED/SUSE
        * Updated packaging scripts
        * Checks for available video memory in CCC-LE before allowing to enable memory-intensive features
        * Fixed Xserver segfaults and soft hangs when VT switching back to X
        * Fixed missing CCC-LE icons in the System-Preferences menu
        * Fixed corruption in Xinerama mode
        * Fixed CCC-LE Gamma correction applied to wrong displays on openSUSE 11.3
        * Fixed text corruption in Steam games
        * Added missing maverick symlink in Ubuntu packaging script directory
        * Fixed X version detection problems in installer, fixes installation on Fedora 11

Comment

is opengl still broken with that version ?

with the ubuntu-version suspend-to-ram and hibernate and compiz worked very well but opengl (quake4, googleearth, etc.) kept on hardlocking X or even my entire system

Comment

Wait a sec?
            * Fixed text corruption in Steam games
            How is this a linux feature? Are they talking about wine, are the release notes for windows and linux the same or does this imply something?

Comment

Originally posted by vertex2 View Post
              Wait a sec?

How is this a linux feature? Are they talking about wine, are the release notes for windows and linux the same or does this imply something?
              Yes, it's about Wine, TF2 and some other Source based games had text corruption.

Comment

OpenGl works fine for me..I played a bit of UT2K4 native..ran Wizardry 8 and Magic Engine with wine..haven't run EQ yet..

Little to no tearing in videos even with kde 4.6, desktop effects on
                indirect rendering with vsynch on (kwin).. the Amdcccle vsynch set to off unless application wants.. no hardware acceleration on the 5770 though.

Final release should be pretty good I'd think.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Cool they fixed my favorite bug: Corruption in Xinerama. Now if they could just get Xinerama to display at the right resolution instead of ignoring my xorg.conf.

Comment

Originally posted by vertex2 View Post
                    Wait a sec?

i write this here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26123

and no this isn't a wine bugfix this is a LINUX_STEAM bugfix!

thats because the AMD-BETA-DRIVER TEAM test the Valve-Steam-Linux clind!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenWizard View Post
                      Yes, it's about Wine, TF2 and some other Source based games had text corruption.
                      be sure if they fix wine bugs the chancelog talk about fixing wine bugs..

but they don't fix wine bugs they fix linux-STEAM bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                        be sure if they fix wine bugs the chancelog talk about fixing wine bugs..

but they don't fix wine bugs they fix linux-STEAM bugs.
                        Why would they make note of a bug for a program that isn't available to anyone else? That seems kind of pointless. If they were the only ones to know about it, whats the point of telling everyone else?

Comment

It's a bug with fglrx+Wine that apparently has been fixed. Nothing to do with "Linux Steam".

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                            Why would they make note of a bug for a program that isn't available to anyone else? That seems kind of pointless. If they were the only ones to know about it, whats the point of telling everyone else?
                            "Why would they make note of a bug for a program that isn't available to anyone else? "

you just don't get it.. they don't make a note for anyone alse..

thats because thats not the chancelog for the REAL 10.10 catalyst thats the beta chancelog for the beta users!

the real 10.10 chancelog will not have this information because there is no linux steam clind.

" If they were the only ones to know about it, whats the point of telling everyone else?"

they don't tell this anyone its a driver leak!

an 100% against the law outlaw breaking copyrights leak they are just doomed

now you get it??? amd do not release this file. they don't wana tell you anything about linux steam its an internal chancelog.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                              It's a bug with fglrx+Wine that apparently has been fixed. Nothing to do with "Linux Steam".
                              if this is an wine bugfix they call it wine bugfix in the chancelog!

and be sure the final 10.10 chancelog will not have this note.

because this is an beta-driver chancelog for the linux-steam+catalyst-beta-driver testers.

Comment

Working...
                              X