Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
    Hi Yall,

can anyone point to a howto, to convert the sauce file (very tasty..?), into an installable .run file?

Tanks.

GreekGeek :-)
    LOL--- there is no sauce file ;-) and there is no .run for 10-10-

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
      I couldn't help myself and had to install Ubuntu 10.10RC with fglrx 10.10beta.

I'd say it's definitely better than 10.9 but as always there's forward and backward progress. So far it looks like much more forward progress than backwards I'm happy to say.

So far the biggest borkedness would be when running SMPlayer, when you full screen the video by double clicking and then double click to un-fullscreen you can be left with some screen corruption but by dragging the SMPlayer window around over the whole screen its contents gets painted back properly.

Window resizing is really, really fast.
      Google Earth is really fast too.
      Chrome and Firefox are very happy and there's no black window bug so far.
      Flash is fine. I added the OverrideGPUValidation=true string to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and full screen video playback is good.

Time will tell but it's looking like a fairly good driver. Maybe the 10.10 release driver could be the one we've been waiting for?
      sure i tell you this in the past ;-)

me the oracle tells you this in the past ---

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        sure i tell you this in the past ;-)

In the past you've made statements about the quality of future releases that haven't proven to be true. You the oracle is not batting with a very good track record. I might not ring my bookie just yet.

And also, they've fixed some things and broken others. It's not quite time for the party yet, and while I deal with this breakage in ATI's driver nVidia users are getting on with their lives not having to deal with this kind of stuff.

Maybe the party can start on the 10th of the 10th, 2010? One can only hope.

Comment

New and exiting news from the land of Ubuntu 10.10RC, fglrx and Eyefinity.

When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.

Funnily enough, if you configure your system for separate desktops, so while the mouse pointer will move between monitors you cant drag windows between them, it will stick between boots. Just not a single desktop over multiple monitors.

I spose I cant have everything.....

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
            When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.
            What is this "rebooting" you speak of

Comment

Originally posted by EmbraceUnity View Post
              What is this "rebooting" you speak of
              Yes I should've clarified.

When I either manually reboot the box for some reason or shut down for the night.

On the subject of random reboots due to bugs though, last night while running Google Earth, SMPlayer and Google Chrome I started Blender which then crashed X. I was wondering what this driver would be like under a bit of load, and I guess I found out.

Comment

My problem is, when playing HoN and someone writes me an IM and Pidgin starts blinking, HoN gets a massiv performance drop while Pidgin blinks for new message.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  This oracle has bloodshot eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
                    This oracle has bloodshot eyes.
                    in germany stuttgart we have a zivilian war right now..

bloodshoted eyes everywere the Police shot them with watter and pepper

Comment

out of curiosity what are the version strings of the 10.10 for 2D and OpenGL ?
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
                        out of curiosity what are the version strings of the 10.10 for 2D and OpenGL ?
                        Code:
                        OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                        OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
                        OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
                        OpenGL shading language version string: 4.00

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply
                          Code:
                          [larry@Tardis-2 ~]$ fglrxinfo
                          display: :0.0  screen: 0
                          OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                          OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
                          OpenGL version string: 4.0.10237 Compatibility Profile Context
                          The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?

I'm guessing my download of the 10-9 hotfix then mixing in the Ubuntu 10.10 files before creating the rpm's may actually have worked
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
                            The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?
                            I get a version of 8.78.30 here.

Comment

I got 8.78.30 too.

Comment

Thanks guess I must have missed a couple files
                                Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                                X