• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for clearification, bridgman
    just hoping that xserver 1.9 support comes soon enaugh :P

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
      The new Cat 10.9 driver works well with Adobe's new flashplayer pre-release square(indentifies as 10.2.. just watched some 720p hd content in fullscreen and a bit of xfinity as well ..haven't tried hulu yet.
      Off topic: Wow, where did the sun rise today . 64-bit flash plugin. (10.0 pre-release was working pretty good too.) Although not very surprising given they (pre-)released 64-bit plugins for Windows and Mac too.

Comment

Does Heroes of Newerth work again with evergreen cards?
        Can't test right now.

Comment

Originally posted by erpe View Post
          Does Heroes of Newerth work again with evergreen cards?
          Can't test right now.
          No it does not

Comment

This is just sad, since 5 months same bug and no workaround or fix...
            Time to remove this crap and stick to the open source driver.

Comment

The new Cat 10.9 driver works well with Adobe's new flashplayer pre-release square(indentifies as 10.2.. just watched some 720p hd content in fullscreen ...
              I can confirm that on opensuse 11.3, 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                can you provide some links where i can download 10.10 drivers?
                cant find it with google somehow..too lazy to search several hours also

thx in advance
                i think there is no need for a leak because amd will shot this into the 10.10 repo in less than 2 weeks-

just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by alphacrucis2 View Post
                  Just go to AMD's website
                  yes but you don't tell the full trueness you also need to hack the servers ;-) for the 10.11 catalyst

Comment

Thanks I just shot coffee out of my nose
                    LOL the best part: "can you provide some links where i can download 10.10 drivers?"---> "Just go to AMD's website"

and bridgman the timetraveling man spokes about the past in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      they can't the opensource driver need much much more time.

an 50-100 card can handle 100% of all features of the opensource radeon driver

do you think amd can make profit on 50 cards ?

to get an OS driver to have a compareable feature set you need 1-2 years

do you think amd should just stop selling cards for 2 years ?

an R800 is an opengl4.1 card but on os you get 2.1 on 2 years you get ogl3+opencl+gpu-videoacceleration on shaders.

but for this you also can get an hd3870 or hd4670 on second hand marked for 50
                      I have now bought and using 110 card just for opensource(I would very probably go up to 200, if they were not so power-hungry in idle and there would be HD5xxx support already). There was no support - so I went to 4xxx.

In two years I will be targeting HD68xx and expecting opensource driver. If there are no changes, and it keeps up as current(no new gen drivers, prev-gen drivers require a LOT of setup and lack a LOT of functionality), I will have to seek closed source alternatives.

Cuz here is zero point to support open efforts, if they are just a part of big marketing scheme and are not considered seriously. And dont tell me about linux being voluntare or community, its NOT.

Comment

Working...
                      X