No announcement yet.

AMD catalyst 10.9 has been released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be clear, *feedback* goes to support/marketing folks and is folded into general guidance/planning. Not bug fixes.

Bug tickets at ati.cchtml.com are visible to developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluggo View Post
      10.9 shows correctly. Did you run fglrx-uninstall.sh AND delete the /etc/ati directory prior to installing the new driver ?
      i build packages and upgrade the packages by dpkg

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        I would really appreciate AMD drop this fglrx altogether and move to opensource. I would really appreciate. But Im not in control. Duh.
        they can't the opensource driver need much much more time.

an 50-100 card can handle 100% of all features of the opensource radeon driver

do you think amd can make profit on 50 cards ?

to get an OS driver to have a compareable feature set you need 1-2 years

do you think amd should just stop selling cards for 2 years ?

an R800 is an opengl4.1 card but on os you get 2.1 on 2 years you get ogl3+opencl+gpu-videoacceleration on shaders.

but for this you also can get an hd3870 or hd4670 on second hand marked for 50

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
          Does it support xserver 1.9 and kernel 2.6.35 since the release of Ubuntu 10.10 is close? Or will AMD release another branch of fglrx 10.9 with beta support for Ubuntu 10.10. I bet they choose the last option, which is okay with me.
          there are allready a beta 10.10 with xserver 1.9 support and there is a 10.11 beta.

in 20 days amd will push a 10.10 catalyst into the ubuntu 10.10 repo .

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Just to be clear, *feedback* goes to support/marketing folks and is folded into general guidance/planning. Not bug fixes.

Bug tickets at ati.cchtml.com are visible to developers.
            or be more direct send bridgman a email its much more just more don't waste your time do it send him (bridgman) an email! NOW"

Comment

Good drivers black screen issue seems to be fixed..no issues so far in Firefox and Thunderbird, even with vsync off
              I see a nice performance increase in UT2k4 ran with ~stat fps
              Also a great score with Heaven 2.1 almost as good as Win 7 dx 11 normal tess.

Code:
              Unigine
              Heaven Benchmark v2.1
              FPS:	
              Scores:	
              Min FPS:	
              Max FPS:	
              Hardware
              Binary:	
              Linux 64bit GCC 4.3.2 Release May 20 2010
              Operating system:	
              Linux 2.6.35.4-desktop-nrj.69mib x86_64
              CPU model:	
              AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 720 Processor
              CPU flags:	
              3214MHz MMX+ 3DNow!+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4A HTT
              GPU model:	
              ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context 1024Mb
              Settings
              Render:	
              opengl
              Mode:	
              1920x1080 fullscreen
              Shaders:	
              high
              Textures:	
              high
              Filter:	
              trilinear
              Anisotropy:	
              16x
              Occlusion:	
              enabled
              Refraction:	
              enabled
              Volumetric:	
              enabled
              Replication:	disabled
              Tessellation:	
              normal
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                there are allready a beta 10.10 with xserver 1.9 support and there is a 10.11 beta.

in 20 days amd will push a 10.10 catalyst into the ubuntu 10.10 repo .
                can you provide some links where i can download 10.10 drivers?
                cant find it with google somehow..too lazy to search several hours also

thx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                  can you provide some links where i can download 10.10 drivers?
                  cant find it with google somehow..too lazy to search several hours also

thx in advance
                  Just go to AMD's website

Comment

cant realy find 10.10 or 10.11 beta drivers from there.. just 10.9 as last and some older beta's

Comment

They'll be a lot easier to find in a month... (10.10 = October 2010 release)

Comment

Thanks I just shot coffee out of my nose
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

i understand that, but user Qaridarium stated that there are beta drivers of 10.10 and 10.11 with xserver 1.9 support allready.
                          but i guess he has some internal info then and no download links yet.
                          alltho, why not to give Beta drivers so users can test them...
                          or maybe i just dont know about this kind of stuff at all.

Comment

It's a reasonable question. Part of the answer is that the "Beta program" started as just beta test but now includes drivers that are earlier in the development cycle than beta, and we don't want to be sending those out too far from home.

I guess we could start a separate "Real Beta" program and make that accessible to more people, but we would also need to divert more developer time towards going through the responses and trying to duplicate issues in house (often harder than you might expect).

Right now we don't think that's necessarily the best use of developer time -- expanding beta test makes the most sense when the issues you find through beta test are often more severe than the issues you already know about... or something like that (tired).

I won't complain about the one minute edit limit while Michael is out covering XDS

Comment

The new Cat 10.9 driver works well with Adobe's new flashplayer pre-release square(indentifies as 10.2.. just watched some 720p hd content in fullscreen and a bit of xfinity as well ..haven't tried hulu yet.
                              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

grr no edit
                                HD content was on youtube
                                Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                                X