No announcement yet.

ATI Catalyst 10.8 For Linux Brings OpenGL ES 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat 10.8 on OpenSUSE 11.3 brings back the unrendered black boxes issue that was fixed with 10.7

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      The ES API was integrated into OpenGL4.1, so any 4.1 implementation automatically supports ES.
      I think his point was more about applications that try to link against libGLESv2.so. Any such apps would have to be told to link against libGL, I guess, but that is probably as simple as making a symlink. Has anyone tried that to see if it works as expected?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        The ES API was integrated into OpenGL4.1, so any 4.1 implementation automatically supports ES.
        Still, all the Mesa demos of OpenGL ES, as well as PowerVR's (on ARM), all link against some variant of libGLES. The demos won't run accelerated on fglrx -- there's no ES (1.0 or 2.0) library to point them at!

I've also tried the ES demos on the open-source driver, and got "driver mismatch" between "r600" and "radeon".

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
          Cat 10.8 on OpenSUSE 11.3 brings back the unrendered black boxes issue that was fixed with 10.7
          Except that it was never fixed on 10.7:

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=18

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
            Except that it was never fixed on 10.7:

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=18

Adam
            Fair enough, but for me at least, it was 100% fixed on 10.7. So maybe my hardware / X server version / kernel config options combination somehow fixed it in 10.7, but even with my options set "just so", it turned up broken again on 10.8.

Comment

"Fixed" in the way that you used ForceXAA.

Comment

i forced Xaa and it fixed this damn black squares, works very good

but iam not the one who have problem now

Comment

Working...
                X