Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10-7 force me to use the radeon driver because:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10-7 force me to use the radeon driver because:

    On ubuntu 10.10 64bit i have a mini/maximize LAG like non direct2D catalyst 10-5 versions in the 10-7 catalyst

    and then i install the 32bit version and i get graphic corruptions if i scrol horizontal

    this bug makes me crazy.. can't read the phornix forum in zoomed because i can't scrol without broke the view.
    yes also 10-7 catalyst.


    so now i use the radeon driver and wow i can read the phoronix forum without any corruption and flash videos work very good overall i get peace. (yes yes r700 hd4670)


    i really don't understand the 'catalyst' release Philosophy
    100 time more money compared to the radeon driver means bigger 'fire' and burn more money.
    well the catalyst 10-8 will come fast this month means the monkeys comes out of the madhouse a little earlier.

  • #2
    Just save your money for a GTX 460

    Comment


    • #3
      What the hell?? Do yourself a favor and get some qt-gtk themes or whatever... that is the ugliest firefox I've seen in a long time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Just save your money for a GTX 460
        hey kano :-) no i save my money for a hd5xxx ;-)

        in my point of view intel IGP is better than nvidia ;-)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by devius View Post
          What the hell?? Do yourself a favor and get some qt-gtk themes or whatever... that is the ugliest firefox I've seen in a long time.
          (Ironic)o well the Theme ist very important compared to the graphic error showed on my screenshot..(ironic off)

          i don't care about the uglyness of an programm i also like atari/TOS ugly programms....

          Comment


          • #6
            try using opengl compositing with kwin (you're obviously using kwin) or as an alternative: compiz-fusion

            that should minimize those corruptions

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
              try using opengl compositing with kwin (you're obviously using kwin) or as an alternative: compiz-fusion

              that should minimize those corruptions
              thank you very much

              next time if i had time i will test more.

              but i think the catalyst 10-8 release will be faster

              Comment


              • #8
                keep on torturing yourself, use fglrx

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                  keep on torturing yourself, use fglrx
                  right now i have zero fglrx in usage on 6 systems ;-)

                  i only try out fglrx on 1 system for wine testing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And all other systems run Win

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      And all other systems run Win
                      no zero windows system here ;-)

                      i'm not kano@vista ;-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So Zero nvidia, Zero Windows, Zero fglrx only Linux in OSS driver?

                        Good, that is called reality denial syndrome.

                        You've advanced your level, congratulations.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Your next level will be like this:

                          As soon as you touched the first performance nvidia card, like a 9800GT, GTS 250, GTX 260/275/280/285, GTX 460 etc, you will be in a total shock of why you wasted so many years torturing yourself using ATI, and a total convert to nvidia lover you will become.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                            Your next level will be like this:

                            As soon as you touched the first performance nvidia card, like a 9800GT, GTS 250, GTX 260/275/280/285, GTX 460 etc, you will be in a total shock of why you wasted so many years torturing yourself using ATI, and a total convert to nvidia lover you will become.
                            my last nvidia was a 7900GT and this card was broken by "bump material" "NVIDIA DISASTER: thousands of GPUs faulty"

                            nvidia is just a failing company nothing more.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                              So Zero nvidia, Zero Windows, Zero fglrx only Linux in OSS driver?

                              Good, that is called reality denial syndrome.

                              You've advanced your level, congratulations.
                              What's wrong in only using open-source software? Last time I checked everyone has the right to choose what they want, even if it's something different from what YOU want.

                              I also used nvidia and ati graphics cards in the past and it's true that nvidia used to have the best binary-only drivers, but nowadays fglrx is way better than what it used to be. Once it gets proper video acceleration, the only advantage nvidia has in linux will be gone. A little competition is good for the end user.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X