Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 10.6 For Linux Brings Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Works for me on a 5870 !
    Mandriva

    Pete.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      glock24, FallenWizard, can you confirm that disabling the new 2D accel code eliminates the artifacts :

      aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE

      (run as root or sudo, with X *not* running)
      bridgman, I'd like to make sure this (artifacts in thunderbird and firefox) bug gets reported to the developers, even though ati.cchtml.com isn't letting me setup an account. Can you pass this bug along?

      Adam

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        glock24, FallenWizard, can you confirm that disabling the new 2D accel code eliminates the artifacts :

        aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE

        (run as root or sudo, with X *not* running)
        After using this command the black boxes are gone.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by FallenWizard View Post
          After using this command the black boxes are gone.
          Thanks !

          Originally posted by adamk View Post
          bridgman, I'd like to make sure this (artifacts in thunderbird and firefox) bug gets reported to the developers, even though ati.cchtml.com isn't letting me setup an account. Can you pass this bug along?
          Will do.

          Comment


          • #50
            bridgman, I can confirm the artifacts are gone here too.

            Comment


            • #51
              i can confirm it too, artifacts are gone and the screen minimize delay is still gone with it

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                glock24, FallenWizard, can you confirm that disabling the new 2D accel code eliminates the artifacts :

                aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE

                (run as root or sudo, with X *not* running)
                While this fixes the artifacts, I can no longer enable compositing under kwin and trying to do so sometimes crashes X (aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,FALSE returns fglrx to the old behavior).
                Anyway there is a bug report on ati.cchtml.com now.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I have the same bug ...

                  Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
                  Hey nice release ATI. But could you possibly make the driver work next time?
                  To coreect thi bug verify that you have
                  BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
                  in your xorg.conf.

                  Or simply do aticonfig --initial

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by bojojo2020 View Post
                    To coreect thi bug verify that you have
                    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
                    in your xorg.conf.

                    Or simply do aticonfig --initial
                    Yes, this advice was given and taken three pages back (five days ago).

                    Also, your first suggestion assumes the BusID is PCI:1:0:0, which may not be the case.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X