Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.6 catalyst and the The Pink Panther

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Q hasn't done anything wrong here. There's more humour in this thread than anything else. Unless humour is wrong.

    Comment


    • #17
      @ DanL

      -> Can't make comprehensible posts, threadjacking, etc.

      So, what the difference between his and YOUR behavior now?
      Give it a rest dude.

      Comment


      • #18
        Will 10.6 work with X-Server 1.8? I believe the answer is NO?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Will 10.6 work with X-Server 1.8? I believe the answer is NO?
          I believe 10.5 can work with xorg-server 1.8, with some patching here & there to change a version string. Yes it's a bit of a hack, but the drivers should be ready whenever one of AMD's supported distros is.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by mirv View Post
            I believe 10.5 can work with xorg-server 1.8, with some patching here & there to change a version string. Yes it's a bit of a hack, but the drivers should be ready whenever one of AMD's supported distros is.
            Fedora is 2nd on Distrowatch and has been in the top 3 for ages. Why isn't it supported? Yet, Nvidia cards (at least the gneration before Fermi) are. You can't even use the full functioning of an ATI HD 4xxx card in Fedora 13 (cuz they use X-Server 1.8?). I'd say the support is maybe 80% to use a quantitative figure to describe the support.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Panix View Post
              Fedora is 2nd on Distrowatch and has been in the top 3 for ages. Why isn't it supported? Yet, Nvidia cards (at least the gneration before Fermi) are. You can't even use the full functioning of an ATI HD 4xxx card in Fedora 13 (cuz they use X-Server 1.8?). I'd say the support is maybe 80% to use a quantitative figure to describe the support.
              Maybe because AMD don't officially support Fedora 13? Go ask them why - though at a guess, the response would be something like "our customers don't use it much". That of course refers to the fglrx drivers.
              There's probably hacks around to have it running on fedora anyway, if you look hard enough.
              But if you're going to use a distro that AMD doesn't support, and is known not to support, and is known to stick to the packages available on their supported list (typically Ubuntu), then really you made that choice.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Panix View Post
                Will 10.6 work with X-Server 1.8? I believe the answer is NO?
                10-7 ad xserver 1.8 Support for ubuntu 10.10

                10-7 also ad kernel 2.6.34 support

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  10-7 ad xserver 1.8 Support for ubuntu 10.10

                  10-7 also ad kernel 2.6.34 support
                  Thats kinda fail then cause 10.10 uses the 2.6.35 kernel

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                    Thats kinda fail then cause 10.10 uses the 2.6.35 kernel
                    check date time: ubuntu 10-7 vs ubuntu 10-10...

                    ;-) catalyst 10-10 will support more be sure

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mirv View Post
                      Maybe because AMD don't officially support Fedora 13? Go ask them why - though at a guess, the response would be something like "our customers don't use it much". That of course refers to the fglrx drivers.
                      There's probably hacks around to have it running on fedora anyway, if you look hard enough.
                      But if you're going to use a distro that AMD doesn't support, and is known not to support, and is known to stick to the packages available on their supported list (typically Ubuntu), then really you made that choice.
                      more like because Fedora is filled with pre-pre-pre alpha crap.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        im using fedora 13 with fglrx

                        kernel 2.6.34
                        patched xserver 1.8
                        patched fglrx kernel module

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Panix View Post
                          Fedora is 2nd on Distrowatch and has been in the top 3 for ages. Why isn't it supported? Yet, Nvidia cards (at least the gneration before Fermi) are. You can't even use the full functioning of an ATI HD 4xxx card in Fedora 13 (cuz they use X-Server 1.8?). I'd say the support is maybe 80% to use a quantitative figure to describe the support.
                          Imho the place in Distrowatch says absolutly nothing about official support by a vendor. AMD work well with Ubuntu and thats it. But have in mind, the "ubuntu" drivers was pre-pre-pre. So if you want to use these drivers, you have to customize the drivers by yourself. Have a look at SID or Fedora or Arch - these distros are bleeding edge.

                          On bleeding edge, you had to build the most stuff by yourself. For Arch this work fine and stable. BTW - with some hacks from fedora. Have a look at the Aur. Patch and build, its all there.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            the new Fokus of FGLRX.... sorry Catalyst is ---> Desktop

                            mybe the workstation Guys smoke a green spliff and think about there workstations transformed into Desktops... and now they want have Compitz to LOL

                            RIP FGLRX

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X