Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.5 is out. come and get it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

    WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

    "Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670
      I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!
        Then I suppose you must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy an Evergreen card

        Comment


        • #34
          certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?
            As far as I know it's not supported (yet) on Evergreen. At least I haven't gotten it to work correctly and I don't know of anybody who has.

            Don't think it's a legal issue, probably just low priority at AMD

            Comment


            • #36
              Anyone else get really low fps in HoN with 10.5? I just bumped the gentoo ebuild version number and it emerged like it should. But instead of 125fps on the login screen I get ~30fps and ingame it's like ~20fps where I had 100 in 10.4

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?
                i use 2.6.34 but this don't fix the problem!

                2.6.34+ catalyst 10-4 seqfault to!

                mybe 2.6.34+catalyst10-5 is the solution.-.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                  A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

                  WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

                  On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

                  "Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?
                  michael is in the amd beta driver programm ... he knows the 10-6 catalyst ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    @Jecos

                    Did you try my script? Using -z option + reboot is usually the save way.

                    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...67&postcount=2

                    @storma

                    When you execute the pure installer it is very likely that you kill the system - the next jockey install will do so. Especially as lucid is non-standard and uses extra tricks.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      With 10.5 I get something like this with every 3D application...


                      david@david-desktop:~$ glxgears -info
                      X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
                      Major opcode of failed request: 157 (GLX)
                      Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
                      Serial number of failed request: 20
                      Current serial number in output stream: 20

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        That's definitely not correctly installed. Use the correct way for your distribution. Do not run the ati-installer on lucid.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I used the ATI installer :-( Anyway, how should I install it then?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Use my script, it also adds .33/.34 kernel support. 2nd posting on this thread...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Kano View Post
                              @Jecos

                              Did you try my script? Using -z option + reboot is usually the save way.

                              http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...67&postcount=2

                              @storma

                              When you execute the pure installer it is very likely that you kill the system - the next jockey install will do so. Especially as lucid is non-standard and uses extra tricks.
                              I actually was looking into using your script I didn't notice any ubuntu support from just skimming it. So i didnt use it.
                              I'll give it a go. thanks!
                              I really think it could just be Ubuntu's kernel is not liking my chipset combination..

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                If I have already used the ATI installer and I use your installer will it solve the problem, or will I have to do a fresh install?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X