No announcement yet.

10.5 is out. come and get it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Buggy Race (DirectX mode) I have big performance improvment. I tested Wine 1.2 RC1 and Catalyst 10.5 (I have the same performance as in OpenGL mode), before when I tested it on Wine 1.1.43 and Catalyst 10.4 in DirectX I had 1/2 performance of OpenGL. I'm not sure what component (new Wine or Catalyst) improve situation. I will check also other games soon.

Comment

I also checked some other applications and I see huge fps improvment in Direct3D9 based titles. For me these drivers are great

Comment

Does anyone know what is the latest kernel version supported by this release? I'm willing to update to Slackware 13.1, which defaults to Linux 2.6.33.4. Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel and Catalyst 10.4. Everything runs fine, but of course I want to update to the new Slackware version as soon as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          It is better than you might think

Try:

http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh

if you can not log in into vt1 use:

DISPLAY= sudo sh install-fglrx-debian.sh -z
          reboot

To try mplayer with xvba/vaapi:

http://kanotix.com/files/fix/mplayer-vaapi-latest.txt

Run script as root, should work now up to h264 l4.1 with correct colors, when l5.1 will work well nobody knows...
          I apologize for being off-topic, but your script works perfectly, sir!
          I have tried this on Squeeze without any problems. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by pflynn View Post
            Does anyone know what is the latest kernel version supported by this release? I'm willing to update to Slackware 13.1, which defaults to Linux 2.6.33.4. Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel and Catalyst 10.4. Everything runs fine, but of course I want to update to the new Slackware version as soon as possible
            Sorry...my mistake: where a say: Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel it should be Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.31.5 kernel

Comment

does it support x server 1.8?

Comment

Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

sad..

I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.

Comment

catalyst 10-5 solve many wine problems for me FarCry do not segfault anymore!

yes well nice catalyst isn't fully broken for wine anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Exopaladin View Post
                    Does it actually straight off not work or are you just basing it on the drivers being 'unsupported'? Because Arch is unsupported and has the latest kernel/XOrg and 10.4/10.5 have both worked okay for me.
                    Before 10.4 it wouldn't even compile or if you got it to comple it would complain about missing symbols in the kernel. WIth 10.4 it compiles and installs but on my system I just get a blank screen (and a kernel error in the logs somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      FarCry do not segfault anymore!
                      It does here. But anyway thanks for having some wine dude closing my bug as a driver bug .

Comment

Originally posted by Jecos View Post
                        Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

sad..

I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.
                        Have you tried a simple:
                        chmod 700 ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run
                        sudo ./ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run

?

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                          It does here. But anyway thanks for having some wine dude closing my bug as a driver bug .
                          uuh?=?=? really? i use wine 1.2rc1+ catalyst 10-5

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                            uuh?=?=? really? i use wine 1.2rc1+ catalyst 10-5
                            Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.

Comment

Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.
                              do you have installed the d3dx9 dlls with winetricks?

because you need the d3dx9 dlls...

Comment

what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670

Comment

Working...
                                X