If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Quick note: can't enable Kwin in openSUSE 11.2 64bit.
After the first login, windows decorations were missing and everything was plain old 2D, subsequent attempts have either resulted in an error message or getting kicked to the login screen.
I've tried Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "on" in xorg.conf that helped with 10.2, but no-go this time as far as I can tell.
Will try more tomorrow, bedtime :P
Is that with 1080p video? With both 480 and 720p I've got no issues with full screened Flash playback at 1920x1200 on nVidia.
The performance problems I'm having are with non-hd format...but it seems to be limited to flash video that (I think) has DRM associated with it (e.g., watch.ctv.ca or globaltv.com, if you're in Canada)...everything else I've tried (e.g., youtube or CBC) looks fine.
Ok, I stand corrected...all flash video is now playing fine.
The only thing I can say for sure that has changed is that I increased the amount of storage allowed in flash settings (up to 10mb). I have disabled/enabled hw acceleration in flash (it's currently enabled). I also added /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with one line in it: OverrideGPUValidation=1
I don't know what could have made things start working, but something there did it.
So I was running the unstable fglrx driver(think it was 10.3 or 10.4 prerelease) on Debian. Decided to install the official ATI package instead so removed the old stuff and installed.
It appears I'm getting a slower framerate now though with glxgears. I'm getting about 1700fps on an HD 5470 card. I really don't want to remove and install the fglrx driver through apt again as its a pain. Anyone else notice anything like this? Maybe I remember the old framerate incorrectly so if that sounds normal, so be it.
So I hadn't used fglrx since several years back on my old Radeon 9800 AIW Pro. So many changes to the installer and the config generator now . And now I have a Radeon HD 2600 XT.
I was able to apply the patch to firegl_public.h for 2.6.33 kernels after symlinking the necessary files per that issue.
After that I was able to make Slackware packages just fine ;-). Backed up Mesa GL and installed the packages. Disabled KMS modesetting in lilo.
I was able to boot up x.org 1.7.0 after changing xorg.conf myself. xrandr 1.2 support works great for setting dual-head support.
2d support working, but 3d support wasn't. Couldn't open fglrx_dri.so (had an old version in the right place). The packager had it in /usr/xorg/lib/xorg/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so but it should be /usr/lib/dri. After that fixed, running okay so far.