No announcement yet.

fglrxKonf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks nice, I will try it out next time I turn on a KDE box. Are you going to implement any PowerPlay functions with the program?
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Looks nice, I will try it out next time I turn on a KDE box. Are you going to implement any PowerPlay functions with the program?
      Yes, but it will take some time for me. I will have to learn to play with Array functions of Kommander, since the options have to be read from the aticonfig -lsp output.

Does GTK have anything like Kommander? I will not do it, but it must be pretty simple to transfer what I have done to another tool like that.

Regarding the double head: I once tried it, so it really seemed like two x sessions were started, and I saw a completely new (and empty) desktop on my TV head. However, I could not figure out how to do things on both desktops simultaneously.

E.g., could I edit a document on one desktop while playing a movie on another via tv-out? How do I switch to work from one head to the other?

Comment

Usually the desktop is just spanned (or cloned) across the two heads, so you would just drag your cursor over to the second head.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Usually the desktop is just spanned (or cloned) across the two heads, so you would just drag your cursor over to the second head.
          Not in the dual head mode: I could not do that there

Comment

Will give this alpha a shot. Thanks!
            ---

Comment

dgvirtual, are you going to update fglrxKonf for the latest changes in the 8.28 drivers? Such as the --nobackup option or the --swap-monitor and pairmode?
              Michael Larabel

Comment

dgvirtual, are you going to update fglrxKonf for the latest changes in the 8.28 drivers? Such as the --nobackup option or the --swap-monitor and pairmode?
                Maybe, but not in the nearest future. I am too bussy right now, and the version I have satisfies my needs fully. (screen positioning still fails to work though..., but that seems to be ati's fault).

Besides, I am buying a laptop that will have a simple intel chipset, so it may be that I will not develop this app further in the more distant future. Could anyone take it over, till ATI produces a decent GUI?

Comment

fglrxKonf developer change

I have transferred the fglrxKonf project to another developer: cquilliam.

Please send all you comments and suggestions regarding this program to him. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X