Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.1 seems to be out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    No U lucid, D squeeze, Fedora (since > 5 month) is waiting for Xorg 7.5+ support. It broke with Xserver 1.7. Nv binary for current cards basically always worked. Maybe U lucid release date will wake up ATI's deep sleep.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
      anyone got this driver to work with Gentoo and/or 2.6.33-rc* ?

      like posted in the news-thread i'm getting following error message:
      update:

      solved it by adding a rejected / not cleanly applying line from the patch for 2.6.31 / 2.6.32 for 9.11 / 9.12


      so 10.1 also works with 2.6.33-rc* kernels !

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        update:

        solved it by adding a rejected / not cleanly applying line from the patch for 2.6.31 / 2.6.32 for 9.11 / 9.12


        so 10.1 also works with 2.6.33-rc* kernels !
        Any chance you can share the patch? I'm running Debian Squeeze with an ATI card and having the same problem.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by esheesle View Post
          Any chance you can share the patch? I'm running Debian Squeeze with an ATI card and having the same problem.
          sure

          take a look at bugs.gentoo.org

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
            sure

            take a look at bugs.gentoo.org
            So in that thread it says you still need to downgrade to an older xorg version. Did you do this?

            Was your issue the Undefined symbol UpdateSprite issue many people are experiencing?

            Comment


            • #46
              cont...

              Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
              sure

              take a look at bugs.gentoo.org
              Was your issue prior to this patch the failed to load fglrx driver because of Undefined symbol UpdateSprite.... or was it just a kernel version issue? Did you have to downgrade Xorg as indicated in that thread?

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by esheesle View Post
                So in that thread it says you still need to downgrade to an older xorg version. Did you do this?

                Was your issue the Undefined symbol UpdateSprite issue many people are experiencing?
                in some way yes:

                immediately since Xorg 7.5 became available (the rc, etc.) I upgraded and tested it & it didn't work so I added it to /etc/portage/package.mask (masked it & downgraded)

                I don't know anymore which error message it was - that was a few months ago,

                since then I've been using xorg-server 1.6.5

                Comment


                • #48
                  http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...on-HD5400.aspx

                  a beta release after 10.1. Found link on arch forum. Any ideas what the changes are?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X